Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Collecting third Reich artifacts

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by aquist, Mar 12, 2007.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    a number of the things that I use in ww2 reenactment are real actual artifacts and not reproductions. My rifle is dated 1944, my gas mask cannister is of course original, until recently there were no repos. my identity disk was carried in the German Army during ww1, my riding boots were worn in ww2.The flatware I use is dated 1941 and has a hoheitsabziechen or national insignia. the other stuff I carry is postwar or reproductions , and I strive to have the most authentic gear that I can find. lots of it is post war German Army gear like the mess kit the leather and wool gloves. If you are a collector I urge u to get into reenacting, thats where the hobby began, If you are a gun collector same same. model builders too should enjoy seeing the models you build come to life on the battlefield in full size versions. thats my two cents

2. Obergefreiter phpbb3

Obergefreiter phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hey at the Gun Show last weekend I showed you was a where two Ribbon Bars. One was 2nd Class Service, and the other was the invasion of the Sudentland 1939. They are orginal already have it on my m36 tunic.