Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin

Discussion in 'Combat Mission' started by sommecourt, Aug 24, 2002.

1. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

According to the French wargames magazine 'Vae Victus', Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin will arrive in Europe September/October.

It will cover the period June 1941 to May 1945, have a whole host of new vehicles and units, improved game management and orders, and far more nationalities:including Hungary, Finland, Italians, Polish as well as German and Russian.

The screen-shots look excellent, and the overall terrain has obviously also been improved.

Can't wait! Has anyone seen a website for it yet?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I havent but, please keep me informed on this game--I want it.

3. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

Just found the following press release about this game at http://www.battlefront.com/

"Product update and Release Date Announcement!

Battlefront.com announces that its upcoming Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin (CMBB), a realistic 3D WWII ground combat simulation of warfare on the Eastern Front, from 1941 to 1945, will be released for the PC and Mac by September 20th, 2002.

CMBB will be available for purchase online through Battlefront.com or from our distribution partner CDV Software Entertainment AG which will release the PC version into most European countries.

Starting with the German invasion of Russia in 1941 through the 1945 storming of Berlin, the player is able to fight with historically accurate forces and equipment of 7 nations from the Black Sea in the South to the Arctic Circle in the north.

Experience combat in a full 3D battlefield as tracers arc overhead and exploding shells shake the earth! Feel the tremendous power of the feared Russian Katyusha rocket barrage! Order a tank hunter team to assault a heavy KV-1 with Panzerfausts and magnetic mines in the ruins of a shattered city! A modern hybrid turn-based/realtime system combines with 3D lines of sight, misidentification of targets, location by sound, advanced armor penetration systems, morale and leadership, fire and smoke, wind and weather – and much more to bring you unprecedented realism from the people who revolutionized the wargaming genre!

Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin game features include:

Battle on the Eastern Front from Operation Barbarossa 1941 until VE Day 1945, from the Black Sea to the Arctic Circle
    Hi-res 3D graphics and dynamic stereo sound effects
    Operation maps up to 24 square kilometres in size (Battle maps 9 square km.)
    Unique Turn / Real time hybrid system - allows for detailed planning and exciting realtime action
    Internet / LAN / PBEM head to head play
    7 nations – German, Soviet, Finnish, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian and Polish
    300+ different tanks and vehicles
    600+ other units
    50 battle scenarios and 10 operations
    Quick Battle maker for unlimited computer made scenarios
    Full featured Map and Scenario Editor to create your own battles and operations
    Unparalleled realism and attention to detail
    Weather effects, air strikes and night combat"

They say a downloadable demo will be available shortly. :cool:

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ahhh MANY THANKS---im definately looking forward to this game. I still love Talonsoft (Eastern Front--and im looking for a copy of it in English) games though and Sid Meiers Civil War games.

5. dasreich

dasreich Member

The demo comes out September 1st...nice timing...and it will have a couple of scenarios and be available for download from www.battlefront.com

6. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

I checked out the download today; depending on who you download it from it takes from 5 to 16 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

So, perhaps better to wait for the game to come out. The new screen shots on the Battlefront site give us a further insight to what its like.

7. Heartland

Heartland Member

Funny, took me about 25 seconds on my connection... [​IMG]

Anyway, there are some annoying features in the European version. Since it will be going retail (and hence in DVD case), there will be no full printed manual like in the US version, just a brief one and a PDF-file. Second, since the developer (not so) cleverly picked a German developer, we will suffer a somewhat a-historical version that has been sanitized from Nazi references like the Waffen-SS. Say hello to mr "Waffengrenadier" instead... [​IMG]

8. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

Santa brought me this (what a wonderful and understanding wife I have!)... and I've been playing it ever since. It's great!

Just been working on a scenario about the crossing of the River Bug during Barbarossa; I'm no expert on these, but if anyome would like a copy of it I'd be happy to oblige.

9. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

10. Heartland

Heartland Member

Very nice Sommecourt!

When I get home I'll have to download "Crossing the Bug". Eventually I will probably even get around to trying it out... :eek: :D

11. Buck Yaldy

Buck Yaldy Member

Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin (CMBB) is a fantastic realistic game that will leave you playing numerous scenarios for hours and tweaking the uniforms and vehicles with various mods for added realism.

This is a fantastic game I highly recommend!

12. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Hey

I have all three Combat Mission Games (Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin, Afrika Korps) and they are very enjoyable! (not to mention the replayability factor). I havent played much of CMAK - but the desert and mtn. terrain is nuts! anyways, playing CM through email (PBEM) is very easy (turns are sent in txt. format) so if anyone is up for a CMBB or CMAK game let me know. Also, you all might want to check out this site BoB as you will find lots of useful information and a forum dedicated to the game (check it out). You can find me on there using the name (like my AIM SN) LRDGRat so feel free to take a look around.

13. Buck Yaldy

Buck Yaldy Member

Dear Mussolini,

I'd love to play CMBB or CMAK by PBEM! I've only had the game a short while and can't get enough of it.

The learning curve is an interesting topic. It is easy to play the game and give orders. The tough part is deciding which skills, tactics, etc work best in each scenario.

This is definitly not a game where one philosphy fits all. I played a lot of CMBB and got my clock cleaned my first time in the open desert in CMAK,

Lets strike up a game. I'm still learning perfecting things (lol) but I'll play any side anywhere.

I'm currently playing the Germans in Pavlov's House on PBEM. This is a tough scenario as the Ruskies are very well entrenched.

14. Mussolini

Hey

Likewise, i havent had either game for very long (well, i havent played much of it). Just finished by first PBEM. You can see the end results in the AAR section on the BoB site, but i lost 62 - 38. Want me to set up a game? The three or four people i am playing all set up the game and dont pick scenarios - they use the Random Battle/Map generator. Usually, that means a fair fight. I like to go combined Arms - Company of Infantry and two or three armored units, in a Moderate Hills/Forest Village setting. I'll drop you a line once you respond to this. CMBB good or CMAK? (i havent installed the patch for CMAK - in middle of CMAK game and it makes things complicated. Only CM patch i have heard about).

15. LYNX

LYNX Member

Same as the others i am in to it if there is still CMAK or BB happening.

16. Mussolini

This is an old thread :p

Anyways, I have bee talking to the GroFaz Otto and since there are apparently several of us with CMBB and CMAK, we might try and get some sort of tournament started.

More on this later.