Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Commonwealth War Graves Commission La Comisión de las Tumbas de Guerra de La Commonwealth

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Jan7, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Jan7

Jan7 Member

La Comisión de las Tumbas de Guerra de La Commonwealth -Commonwealth War Graves Commission

[​IMG]

The Commission of the Tombs military of the Commonwealth - the Commonwealth War Graves Commission- is a dedicated Organism to honor the memory of the 1,700,000 women and men of the Forces of the Commonwealth that died in the World wars. Established by Real Letter in 1917 it is an non-profit organization. Founded by Sir Fabian Fare.

Years ago, looking for information on Memorials and Cemeteries of Soldiers of WW II, I was, a little refilón these pages. And me I kept it in my Favorites, thinking about using it sometimes.

For a long time, I have been collaborating with a friend of another Forum, in an Historical Investigation in the heat of WW II. And like the Allies they were of several nationalities, and the incident that occupies to us affects a soldier of the Commonwealth, was happened to me: if I look for to him in this gigantic data base, I will be able to know something more on its destiny. I had property in possession its data, such as last name, date of its death, and in the army that served. And it really worked. I filled up the data that knew, I left like strangers some, and use its powerful finder, and waited for the results. Few seconds later, appeared in the screen of my computer a considerable number of registries. With the purpose of limiting the search, I filled up some more of those than it had made at the outset and I returned to use the services search, and this time very many more they were fit. Already with very few results to choose, it turned out simple to find my Sergeant Jones, objective of my search.

Perhaps thus the things, a a little frivolous question was happened to me: I put my surname, I did not limit of no way the search and returned to possibly look for some relative, very distant, with one common surname. And it was. In WW II, she appeared a person. Here I leave the connection you, with the always present memory of those gigantic cemeteries near the French Normandía where so many soldiers gave their life in act on watch. You visit then this connection: http://www.cwgc.org/default.asp. In order to make a search, our is necessary to press the button “Search record”.

You sail a little by these pages and you value, since I do whenever I visit it, the extraordinary effort that has been made to obtain this magnificent tool and that thanks to the new technologies we have available all the internauts.

[​IMG]
    La Comisión de las Tumbas de Guerra de La Commonwealth -Commonwealth War Graves Commission- es un Organismo dedicado a honrar la memoria de las 1.700.000 mujeres y hombres de las Fuerzas de la Commonwealth que murieron en Las Guerras Mundiales. Establecida por Carta Real en 1917 es una organización sin ánimo de lucro. Fué fundada por Sir Fabian Fare.

Hace unos años, buscando información sobre Memoriales y Cementerios de Soldados de La SGM, me encontré, un poco de refilón estas páginas. Y me la guardé en mis Favoritos, pensando en utilizarla alguna vez.

Desde hace tiempo, colaboro con un amigo de otro Foro, en una Investigación Histórica en plena SGM.
    Y como los Aliados fueron de varias nacionalidades, y el incidente que nos ocupa afecta a un soldado de La Commonwealth, se me ocurrió: si le busco en esta gigantesca base de datos, podré saber algo más sobre su destino. Tuve bien presente sus datos, tales como apellido, fecha de su muerte, y en el ejército que servía. Y realmente funcionó. Rellené los datos que sabía, dejé como desconocidos algunos, y uticé su potente buscador, y esperé los resultados. Pocos segundos más tarde, aparecieron en la pantalla de mi ordenador un número considerable de registros.

Con el fin de acotar la búsqueda, rellené alguno más de los que había realizado al principio y volví a utilizar los servicios de búsqueda, y esta vez fueron muchísimo más ajustados. Ya con muy pocos resultados para elegir, resultó sencillo encontrar a mi Sargento Jones, objetivo de mi búsqueda.

Así las cosas, se me ocurrió una cuestión un poco frívola tal vez: Puse mi primer apellido, no acoté de ninguna manera la búsqueda y volví a buscar algún familiar, muy lejano posiblemente, con uno común. Y resultó. En la PGM, apareció una persona.

Aquí os dejo el enlace, con el recuerdo siempre presente de esos gigantescos cementerios cercanos a La Normandía Francesa donde tantos soldados dieron su vida en acto de servicio.

Visitad pues este enlace: http://www.cwgc.org/default.asp . Para realizar una búsqueda, hay que pulsar el botón "Search our records". Navegad un poco por estas páginas y valorad, como lo hago yo cada vez que la visito, el extraordinario esfuerzo que se ha realizado para conseguir esta magnífica herramienta y que gracias a las nuevas tecnologías tenemos disponibles todos los internautas.

Peppy likes this.
  2. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Nice post Jan7, been meaning to add this to this area anyways, and now we have it in English and Spanish as well. Thanks! :peppy:

3. Jan7

Jan7 Member

You are welcome!. I use translator online of my signature and refine the expresions.