Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Company of Heroes, CoH:Opposing Fronts, CoH: Tales of Valour

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by DUKW, May 17, 2010.

1. DUKW

DUKW Member

Since there is no discussion of this game, let me start.

Company of Heroes is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Relic Entertainment. It was released on September 12, 2006, and was the first title to make use of the Games for Windows label. A standalone expansion, Opposing Fronts, was released on September 25, 2007. A second standalone expansion, Tales of Valor was released in April 2009. The game was released as a free-to-play download in South Korea in April 2010.[1][2]
    Company of Heroes is set during World War II. In the single-player campaign the player commands two U.S. military units during the Battle of Normandy and the Allied capture of France. Depending on the mission, the player controls either Able Company of the 29th Infantry Division or Fox Company of the 101st Airborne's 506th PIR. (wiki source)

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is a standalone expansion pack. It contains two factions; the British and the German Panzer Elite. Owners of Opposing Fronts will be able to play against owners of Company of Heroes and vice versa, although only using the armies from the game they own. Owners of both games will be able to play all four armies in multiplayer. Opposing Fronts was officially announced on April 5, 2007[22][23] and was released on September 24, 2007[24]. Opposing Front was later rereleased along with Company of Heroes as Company of Heroes Gold and later as part of the Company of Heroes Anthology (together with Tales of Valor). (wiki source)

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is a standalone expansion pack. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor was officially announced on November 3, 2008 and was released April 8, 2009, which includes the Steam version.
    (wiki source)

I recommend this game to be played either like it is or with mods. I currently play Eastern Front mode, Cros of Iron mode and Blitzkrieg Mode.
    The first one gives anew faction, Soviet union, while second two expand the game with more variety's of units.

Comment and rate if u play!

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Loved it until I finished it, then got bored with the command and conquer style play. I hate the fact that realism is almost not existent and the way to win is to spawn troops and continuously charge the enemy.

I played a few defensive games in multilayer for a giggle once, never attacked only defended, against three other people and it lasted 5 hours. I built rows of dragons teeth, barb wire, bunkers, row after row of anti tank guns, and machine guns, but they still won just with numbers alone.

It is a good game if that is what you are in too, and don't get me wrong it is fun, but not a game I will play all the time.

3. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

I still love all three, especially with all the mods including Battle Of The Bulge, Afrika Korps and the Eastern Front mods....

4. TacticalTank

TacticalTank Member

5. gregc

gregc Member

Hey TT, try Amazon.com they probably have it for sale there and cheap.

6. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

I play the original and OF. I've heard Tales of Valor was pretty bad campaign-wise, but I'm thinking of buying it purely for the Panzerkreig and the other cool MP modes. Those actually look pretty creative. Also some of the vehicles are pretty enticing.

I LOVE EF as well!!! My friend always jokes that people spam Katushyas though. Not gonna lie, it's so true. haha

7. BishopTS

BishopTS Member