Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Corona Virus - How is that working for you?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by wooley12, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack B

Jack B Active Member

Nice move. Way to go Boeing!

2. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Just put this on my list of movies to watch while shut in.

RichTO90 likes this.
  3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

A great flick.

4. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

Okay, that's what I thought I remembered. We're in Bremerton, because my significant other is from Bellevue originally (born in Burien) and told me when we first met that she would never move back to Seattle. :) So we didn't. :) Anyway, as far as I can tell all three of the Kitsap cases are apparently on Bainbridge Island, so not among homeless there. ;) We have a few in our area, but mostly down on their luck locals that camp in the woods. Eventually it'll show up here, like everywhere.

5. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Ahh Washington State. We visited my Mom's sister in Lynnwood in the 60's and early 70's. My last trip there was in 1971, the height of halter-tops and Cheech & Chong. Fond memories of walking down to the shore of Puget Sound from their house. Being careful to follow the girls at just the right distance and oblique angle.

Sorry for the digression but just for a moment there I forgot about all the problems in the World.

6. Jack B

Jack B Active Member

We had plans to travel over to Whidbey Island this Summer to visit some friends there. Lovely area. Talked to them yesterday, they are hunkered down. A couple of cases on the Island now. More suspected.

Travel plans have been postponed, like baseball, indefinitely.

7. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Nothing wrong with that.

I step onto the John Wayne Pioneer Trail when I leave the back yard. A 250 mile long abandoned rail bed. From my house east is pretty much nothing but dense forest for 50 miles. 8 years ago the local forest ranger estimated that 300 homeless people were living in the forest. I think they moved to the city judging by the decrease in homeless traffic since then. I'll be looking to see any movement of people wanting to live in the forest this summer. I saw a fellow on a bike with packs heading east this morning. He was also carrying a large bunch of palm fronds as today is Palm Sunday. Just my observation.

RichTO90 likes this.
  8. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

“These Are The Times That Try Men’s Souls”

9. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

id advise against hikes in the woods, 12. there could be cougars or muggers.
    hope u stay off the roads too, as qtips are a road hazard to most unafraid drivers.
    ( shakes fist at passing car doing speed limit).
    i love my octogenarian parents too.
    they are terrified, like12.
    they have been watching the "news" too much.
    news flash- old people are more likely to die of loud noises and viruses.
    and- might save you a ticket here- you cannot have anything dangle or obstruct ur view from rearview mirror.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  10. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Yeah, ok,m sure. Yep. Got those covered. I walk when the cougars are sleeping.

I'm in another forum and the Corona thread gets 100 posts a day. This from an EMT in New Mexico.

Fire/EMS update #2-

Our crews are continuing to respond to an increase in Covid19 patients. For now, the majority of them are symptomatic, but not confirmed positive. We had to restructure our response configurations to lessen the numbers of our members that respond to these calls (i.e 2 instead of 4), to both halve the exposure rate and lessen the burn rate of PPE. Which, BTW, is something that is going to become a HUGE issue in the very near future, as we were told on Friday by one of our vendors that there is no hand sanitizer available nationwide. As I said earlier, please do NOT call 911 or self-report to the ED with flu-like symptoms. Stay at home and self-monitor. If you or a loved one are experiencing symptoms of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (shortness of breath, cyanosis, tightness in the chest), then activate 911.
    We are currently staging with law enforcement at certain big box stores, as there has been an uptick in brawls over supplies. Unbelievable.
    If at all possible, please, stay at home. If you have to go out, the one thing I would have with me is a pair of nitrile gloves. I am way more concerned about picking this up from contaminated surfaces. Avoid crowded areas. Six feet spacing. Or, stay the fuck home.
    As far as big picture stuff, I sat thru a briefing on Friday and left feeling like two things are coming down in the next week: Some sort of interstate travel ban, and a nationwide shutdown of "non-essential" businesses. So yeah, martial law (or close to it), in our lifetimes. Incredible.
    Finally, if any of you know a first responder or a healthcare worker, send them air hugs and vibes. We are stressing out over our communities, loved ones, and ourselves. I will keep you all updated. Stay safe. Stay home.

11. Jack B

Jack B Active Member

Sounds about right.

12. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

The weak panic.

CAC likes this.
  13. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

"i walk when cougars dream"
    cool.

14. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

It's called situational awareness. I live where cougars feed. Coug took a fellow off his bike and ate him 6 miles away as the crow flies last summer.

Just got back from NAPA with two boxes of disposable gloves. Same protection as wearing a helmet on the beach for D Day.

15. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Jack B likes this.
  16. Biak

Do ya think all those people jousting and shoving each other for toilet paper ever considered the person they're bumping just might have COVID 19 ? Herd mentality overrides commonsense everytime.

I'd like to nominate them all for the 2020 Darwin Awards.

CAC likes this.
  17. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Jousting...or brawling with...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Biak likes this.
  18. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I plan to venture out to the store Tuesday, should I bring my replica civil war saber?

Half Track likes this.
  19. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

20. Biak

Doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence in the tests.

We're pulling for ya Doc !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.