Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Could the US have achieved economically what Australia did with the same population?

Discussion in 'What If - Pacific and CBI' started by von Rundstedt, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. von Rundstedt

von Rundstedt Dishonorably Discharged

Well you are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine and i should not have cast aspertions against you, yes that was childish and i want to say sorry for that.

Slipdigit likes this.
  2. Dessert Fox

Dessert Fox Member

Thank you, I'm sorry if you thought I was insulting your country or you personally; that was not my goal.

when it comes to the category of "what if" there certainly is going to be a lot of speculation, even if your prediction is based on established facts. Just to give you a little idea of the industrial power of America though, take into consideration the fact that Yamamoto predicted that if Japan had not won the war within 6 months after Pearl harbor, America's industrial power would overwhelm her, even though Japan had manchuria and the dutch east indies.

well i have to go, hopefully any future encounters will be more pleasant.

3. von Rundstedt

von Rundstedt Dishonorably Discharged

Amen to that, You and your Family have a wonederful happy holidays, my friend.

Yamamoto, if memory serves spent time in the US and knew that he openly spoke about the threat that the industrial might of America would mean and he was proven correct, by the end of 1942 the tide turned against Japan.

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

:smooch:

:clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.