Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Coup in Zimbabwe?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Mutley, Nov 14, 2017.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Prime Minister - President - Queen...

Must be a relation of his to afford those earings...

2. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

KTK

3. toki2

toki2 Active Member

If I was an anti Mugabe Zimbabwean, I would still be keeping my head down until the outcome is clear. If they pick the 'wrong' side then they are doomed.
    I had to laugh at a Zimbabwe reporter who maintained that Mugabe had been a stable influence since he took power. I suppose it is true as terror, corruption and intimidation have remained the same.

4. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

There's not much of another side left, is there.
    This is looking like internal armoured car diplomacy so far.
    The hated wife curtailed - might as well annex the old man at the same time - same old regime slithers back into control.

Generals maybe the wild card.
    The history of coups shows they can be reluctant to put the toys away after a bit of tank/capital city interaction.

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Things will blow up shortly. It's the "Youth Party" against the army. The army is seizing all gift baskets at the airport, so I'm not even going to suggest that muffin assortment I had in mind.

Mutley likes this.
  6. Mutley

Mutley Active Member

There's talk that the old opposition leader Morgan Chanderey? might be put forward come election time. But wasn't he the one that got into bed politically with Mugabe after his wife and son were assassinated? He's also seriously ill I heard.

7. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Given the recent public "leaks" that Mugabe is resisting calls from the military to stand down, I could easily see a counter-operation by a group of Pro-Mugabe activists. It seems likely that the ZANU youth group would be the ones.

There's been some photos of Mugabe smiling alongside a couple generals so it can be assumed that the senile old goat is being treated well (read to Wikileaks reports from 2011 about his mental state), but no sign of his wife. I have to wonder if the guy even graspes what is going on? His wife was milking his "legacy" for years in order to position herself as heir and I could easily see he manipulating a senile old fart. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not defending the guy. He's a murderous bastard who singlehandedly trashed one of of jewels of Africa but if my thoughts are correct I do feel somewhat sorry for him over what he's become (effectively a trophy being manipulated for the person gain of his subordinates).

Would it be politically incorrect for me to launch my long-postulated "Make Zimbabwe Rhodesia Again" campaign?

8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

And bring back the people who made it prosperous? (Non Africans). It will need a large amount of people (Zimbabweans) educated O/S...one cant simply implant the knowledge needed to regain a functional government...or Law system.
    Where does China fit into this? Hmmm...Not the CIA for a change (haha!)

9. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

I am amazed how young that prick looks. Some mumbo jumbo on there.

KTK