Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Couple of pics...

Discussion in 'Living History' started by Modus, Oct 6, 2003.

1. William

William Member

Hey Modus and Pzrgren,
    Where are these photos? I'd like to check 'em out too.

And you still owe me a smoke there Pzrgren :D

2. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

3. William

William Member

Thanks Panzer,
    I found 'em a few seconds after I posted. Maybe if I actually looked for 'em... :D

I'm still trying to try out. And I tore my hands up pretty good-apart from all the scratches, scrapes, and cuts from the prickers, I cut up my right thumb on the rifle trying to load it (which made subsequent loadings interesting), and then tore the thumbnail of my left thumb away from the thumb getting it caught somehow in some equipment. It was a little bloody for awhile. I survived though.

4. William

William Member

Sorry, that was supposed to be "dry" out, not "try" out.

5. Modus

Modus Member

Sounds like you had a good time! In case you didn't know, I was the guy in the registration building who barely slept the entire weekend.

6. panzergrenadiere

panzergrenadiere Member

Don't forget to mention the extremely blood shot eye.

7. William

William Member

Modus,
    No, I didn't know that was you! Nice to "meet" you! I remember your face, so next time I'll be able to introduce myself.

No, a good time was had (apart from sleeping on the cold, cold ground in a rain storm with nothing between me and the sky put a canvas rain cape and a helmet for a pillow). The night action was fun (attacking the bunker especially) and there was some good action. Although 27 up against 97 is a little bit of a problem.

8. Modus

Modus Member

Yes, I agree. Another reason why I didn't really participate in the battle on Saturday. We'll be changing things around for the spring event.

Nice to meet you, too!

9. BratwurstDimSum

BratwurstDimSum Member

Great thead mate!

Every WWII forum should have one.

I've had one going for a while (on thirdreichforums) very similar to this one. Here is a pic of myself (German) and some of the "props" that were at the war and peace show, the mother of all reenactment/military vehicle show days here in the UK. Unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky ones who were allowed to play with them [​IMG]

BEFORE anyone cries "FARB" or any other silly words, I am part of a group which is still in its infancy, so we are more relaxed about dress code. The trousers I've got on are splinter camo as I am portraying Wehrmacht in the Italian
    campaign. It may not appeal to some tastes but...I don't care [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ 02. November 2003, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: BratwurstDimSum ]

10. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Ah well, looks like I'll have to trudge over to the 3.Reich forum to have a look ! :confused:

Not into re-enacting myself, Bratwurst, but I'm always interested to read about others' activities in this area...( BTW, Beltring was very good this year, wasn't it ? ) [​IMG]

11. BratwurstDimSum

BratwurstDimSum Member

It was my first time at Beltring and I gotta admit I was like a kid at Disneyland. Only thing was the heat, I got a little ill afterwards will all my gear on.

If anyone is confused about what we are on about check the homepage of the "War and Peace" Show.

Here's a link to the photos:
    http://cm.thewarandpeaceshow.com/gallery/2003-Show-Photos

12. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Yes, it's an odd thing about Beltring - I've been four times over the last seven years and every time it's been unbearably hot... [​IMG]

13. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I missed it this year because I was training with cadets, annoying because it was the first time my re-enactment group has done the event. Bratwurst, which group are you with? I do not recognise your blokes from the photos. I am a member of Kompanie 1 (12th SS), how long has your group been about? I always find the problem with Beltring is that you walk around all day, boil in the sun but I can never seem to drag myself away from the stalls and displays so I miss all the action in the arena. Oh well.

Just out of interest, did anyone make it to the Military Oddessey? Another great show with loads of VERY good groups on display.

[ 02. November 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Stefan ]

14. BratwurstDimSum

BratwurstDimSum Member

I use the word "reenactment team" very loosely. We are part of an Airsoft group who dress up in WW2 period outfits and skirmish with them, the great thing about airsoft is you know when you get hit when someone shoots you and along with the same Honour system blank-firing reenactors have, well, its a great way to fight. We have a good organisation in games we do play, a lot of our kin are ex-army types with recognised rank and they lead us into battle a lot.

Only problem is...no bang! A loud motor sound like a silenced sten but no bang or ejecting brass :(

The other problem is numbers, we hail from all over britain but have not ALL gotten all together for a game yet. Ah well...the night is young.

I am open to offers though, anyone want a guy who's impression is a Thai Soldaten from the 29th Panzer Grenadier Division serving alongside with the 3rd Panzer Grenadier Division?

[​IMG]

[ 03. November 2003, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: BratwurstDimSum ]

15. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Ahh, now I understand the name! Nice idea, particularly with the photo. A chap in my unit (we are 12th SS) is phillipino, he represents a Hiwi drafted in the SS in 1944 (it happened, apparently). If you ever need any help with anything let me know (like some hints and tips on wearing kit, where to buy it and so on).