Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Couple of things

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by formerjughead, Mar 19, 2011.

1. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I've had these little guys for a while and just got around to sharing them.

The first is a Canteen cup I found labled "Boy Scout Canteen" at a local thrift store it came with a canteen in a "Boy Scouts of America Cover $5.00 US:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a little gem I had been looking for, for quite a while 25 years. It is either a coffee mug, shaving mug or an apothecare mortar:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That set me back almost $60.00 (US) from an online auction. Lesson learned : Never set your max bid with your heart instead of your head. It is of course the only one I have seen offered for sale though.

Gebirgsjaeger and ULITHI like this.
  2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nice WWI pick-ups though. When I volunteered for the CC Museum of Science and History, they had several of each of these in their History Collections. I was the one who got to research them and do the write-ups and such. Anyway, yours are in better condition than the ones in the history collections.

I used to get in bidding frenzys too but learned to let the other fella pay much more than he wanted to for an item. I do this to one guy there all the time. He declared "war" on me about 2 years ago always sniping me of great photos thanks to either no access or slow computer. Well, now that I got one that has much more speed, I have been getting some revenge by sniping him out of quite a few great shots last and this year. If he irks me enough? on a few pics, I keep upping the bids on them till the last 15 seconds-making sure he gets a pic that normally isnt worth $2.50--for about $20.00 or more bucks. I noticed lately, that he isnt bidding on as many of the same pix as I am :))

3. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Thanks Carl....there is a certain amount of satisfaction I get from having you appreciate my junk. Unfortunately it wasn't a bidding war; I think it ws the seller exploring my max bid. The price I paid was $36.00 (+/-) and then he soaked me for shipping. I could have driven to the guys house and picked it up for less than he charged to ship it. I wouldn't sell it for what I paid for it though, I like it way too much and I use it every day.

4. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Great stuff. I have items in my office that my wife considers crap but I woundn't part with for anything in the world.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quite welcome and, if you get more things like this in the future and might not know somehting on it? just let me know. I went through thousands of items in the History Collections and chances are, they probably will have something that you might eventually pick up? Most of the stuff in their collection was donated by the Blucher Family from Corpus Christi. I don;t know if anything about them is on the internet or not? but if so? it might give you an idea of what I got to sift through and research. Anything from Confederate Canteens to US Army cups to leather dogtags to??