Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Couple of WWII movies on the horizon

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by BigBlack, Jan 10, 2009.

1. BigBlack

BigBlack Member

Obviously The Pacific will be huge, but there are two other movies that look to have some promise.

The first is called "Inglorious Basterds" by Quentin Tarantino

"In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers."

Interesting plot and the casting seems kind of odd (Brad Pitt, Samuel L. Jackson as a narrator, and Mike Myers?) With Tarantino directing, I'd expect this film to be pretty violent and gory.

Release date is set for August 21st, 2009

The next film is something I'm really looking forward to, it's a film entitled "No Better Place to Die" about a true story about one of the bloodiest small-unit engagements in World War II with members of the 82nd Airborne on D-Day and several days afterward.

The film is directed by Captain Dale Dye, so it the film should be very accurate. The release is set for sometime in 2010.

No Better Place To Die

krieg likes this.
  2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

The first one Sounds like typical Hollywood rubbish. Don't expect them to take my $$$. As for the second, for some reason I am not a fan of Dye. Something about him rubs me wrong.

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Have you ever been to his website? I came away from it with the same feeling. A good friend of mine (full colonel, USMCR) met him before. The colonel says that Dye is very charismatic, straightforward and guinuine, but writes his personal off as one who did it all the old school way, is proud of it. Nothing wrong with that, I greatly admire the man. I just can't put my finger on it either.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I'll give both movies a viewing--even though I loathe anything w/tarantinos name associated w/ it.