Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

D-Day Conneaut Renactment - 2016

Discussion in 'Living History' started by PzJgr, Aug 19, 2016.

1. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

2. YugoslavPartisan

YugoslavPartisan Drug

That's so cool! Thanks for sharing the pics of the previous events.

3. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Thanks for sharing.

There are some excellent photos on the website. I especially liked the shot of the two P51s flying along the beach.

It's also interest to note that the map layout shows the landing beaches in the wrong order? Utah beach should be on the left then Omaha etc..

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

The event was awesome and much larger than the last time I attended. Pics of this year similar to those from last with the exception of more vehicles. There was a replica SdKfz 222 there and a pretty good replica PzKfw Mk1. They had American, German fallshirmjager, pioneer, Waffen SS, Mountain, British Commonwealth troops as well as French resistance fighters. I even jumped in the chow line with the troops. Pretty good grub. They had several different battles reenacted. They had weapon deomonstrations. Awesome time. It was great seeing the younger (20's) generation participating. Made it more authentic. Ok, posted pics on my facebook page. Hope this link works.

https://www.facebook.com/Scrappyike/media_set?set=a.10209134197366048.1073741898.1052893135&type=3

[​IMG]