Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

David Tallichet

Discussion in 'WWII Obituaries' started by Martin Bull, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I was very sorry to hear today that David Tallichet has passed away at the age of 84.

David Tallichet flew 20 missions as a B-17 co-pilot with the legendary 100th BG out of Thorpe Abotts. After the war, he became a highly successful businessman, starting a chain of 'themed' restaurants. He became a leading warbird collector and owned some 120 aircraft.

The B-17 remained his favourite and his ultimate dream was to see a flying B-17 based once more at Thorpe Abbotts. Sadly, this dream could not come true, but his considerable energy and enthusiasm contributed greatly to the success of the 100th BG Association and to the restoration of the Thorpe Abbotts Tower into the superb Group Museum it is today.

The men of the 'Bllody Hundredth' are gradually fading away.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Sorry to hear that!

R.I.P. David!

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Thanks for this message, Martin. Sorry to hear about his passing.....Sound slike a great guy....

And....120 planes??? :eek: Did he have his own airfield or two as well?

4. TA152

TA152 Ace

Thank you for the information Martin. I knew he was a collector but I did not know how he made his money to support his very expensive hobby. I hope his relatives do not sell off the collection at auction. :(