Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Decision Before Dawn.

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by History-buff1944, Nov 1, 2012.

1. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    Decision Before Dawn w/ Richard Basehart, Gary Merrill, Oskar Werner, O.E. Hasse, Hans-Christian Blech, Wilfrid Seyfarth and Hildegard Knef. This movie also has a greatfully so--short appearance by Klaus Kinski--who is the "whining soldier" This movie also used the real deal when it came to everything you see such as--real German uniforms, weapons, vehicles, awards, rubble and such. Most important of all--all of the German Soldiers in it--had been WWII German Soldiers and they wore their own uniforms and such. One interesting thing on this excellent movie that easily got my eye-was the fact they they used several MP-43's (STG-44s) in it--which is my all-time most favorite weapon.
    This image is near the end of the movie and features Basehart (Lt. Rennick) and Werner (Happy--Karl Maurer)
    [​IMG]

I have more images from this movie too--just now handy to post yet.

2. grofaz44

grofaz44 New Member

via War44
    I discovered this movie about 10 years ago and its one of my favorites. Everything about it is very real and detailed and has the feel of the real time.

3. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    Im not exactly sure what year I first saw it but--you are correct--everything in it is the real deal. this movie too, is one of my all time top most favorite of war movies. Another is Cross of Iron--mainly because it is a great movie and im a big fan of anything Eastern Front.:thumb: