Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Deer Hunting Question

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Ken The Kanuck, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Looking forward to hunting season but I do have a question. If I shoot a buck, but I only have a doe tag, can I claim that the buck wasn't really a buck? I mean … maybe he'd always wanted to be a doe, but with no choice of his own he was born with the physical attributes of a male. And yet … on the inside he'd always known he was truly a female. I'm just wondering if I can get the game warden to buy that bullshit, because society and the Supreme Court do.

KTK

Otto, von Poop and Half Track like this.
  2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

As long as you field dress the kill in a Target restroom, you'll be in full compliance.

Half Track likes this.
  3. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

I have been shooting them since 1964, and I have actually read about doe that can have antlers, due to some high testosterone levels, however very rare and I have never shot one. But, I do like your line of thinking! Seriously, I am disgusted by the whole movement.

4. Owen

Owen O

My Mum & Dad's vicar was trans, male to female, was also a Padre in the British Army both pre & post op. She has since died.
    My best mate of 29 years came out nearly 2 years ago as trans & has first visit with surgeon early next year.
    My daughter has a friend that is trans female to male.

I have no issue with transgender people & do not like the tone of this thread.

toki2 likes this.
  5. Half Track

You have a right to your opinion, we have a right to ours.

6. lwd

lwd Ace

Most humor is in the opinion of at least some people in poor taste.

There's a bit of difference at least as far as I'm concerned with a person going through gender changing procedures and one wanting to use the facilities of the other sex because they "identify with" that sex. This thread seams aimed (pun not originally intended) at the latter while Owen is addressing the former.

gtblackwell likes this.
  7. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Owen, lighten up. The politically correct do not rule the world yet.

KTK

8. Owen

Owen O

Over here transpeople have to live as their new gender for at least 2 years before they can have surgery. My mate hasnt had it yet but is on hormones and uses the ladies , something that is a huge issue across the pond as the words bullshit & disgusting have been used in this thread. My mate has never been happier, lots of rage & two failed marriages is all the past. Mock all you like just thought I'd put another point of view on here.

9. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I keep thinking of witty comments, then deleting because it just ain't worth going there!

10. Half Track

I understand, and if you are happy, I suppose for you and him, that's all that matters. I guess I am just from the "old school," and based on that, for me, I will never REALLY understand why someone is not happy with the way God made them. Anyone for that matter, failed marriage or not. I will have no more to add to this. I will probably make someone here happy.

11. lwd

lwd Ace

My personal objection to the facility usage issue is that a very few individuals feel uncomfortable using the facilities designed for their plumbing. So they want to use the other facilities making many if not most of the individuals using them uncomfortable. Perhaps not a serious issue in say a bar but in a school ... Sounds pretty selfish to me.

12. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Owen,

First of all, I do not give a rat's ass what folks do in the privacy of their own bedroom no matter what their sexual orientation is and they are consenting adults.

This was a joke, not a political statement, I am sick of political statements.

I am an old fat guy, please feel free to post jokes about old fat guys, I promise not to file a hurt feelings report.

One thing I do find funny is that the queer folks I know are not as sensitive as their friends.

KTK

13. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

A hot issue of late.

I think most reasonable people support the rights of anyone, regardless of their gender or gender expression. From a personal perspective, it's not something that even crosses my mind anymore, it's certainly not something I'm disgusted with. I used to live in Chicago's boys town. It was always a good, clean, extremely safe, fun, and interesting place. If anyone was a true homophobe or transphobe, that place would make their head spin like a turbo prop. I don't recall anyone being hateful or anything close to that. I guess anyone who might have a problem with non-heterosexuality would steer clear of that area, as is their right. I don't feel superior to anyone because I have gay friends, and openly accept trans people, but I do think they are being a tad foolish for ruling them out on that aspect alone.

I did take this opening post as a joke, and I don't think it was an indictment of trans people. My own comment added more satire with the addition of the Target bathroom tomfoolery.

It's worth mentioning the original post is written by a Canadian and references the Canadian Supreme Court, which has made some good decisions for trans rights while simultaneously making some very poor decisions on the free speech front in the form of Bill C-16, which I think is what KtK's post is about. A lot of different issues get into the mix here, hate speech, free speech, legally compelled speech, and transphobia, among others.

I feel I fall into the a place that most people do on this topic. I legitimately support the rights of everyone to express their sexuality and identity in any way they see fit, and I will openly accept them as they present themselves. I'll probably never understand the difficult challenges being trans might bring, and I'm sympathetic to that. At the same time, there are elements of science denial, denial of biology, certain types of speech being viewed as a hate crime, and legally compelled speech that are almost always infused with this topic, and it does concern me. The problem with this subject in Canada specifically is that the free speech and gender issues are two unique domains, but as soon as you raise concerns for free speech, one is often labelled a bigot/transphobe. I'm not at all saying Owen did this, and I sincerely appreciate his terminology use in this thread. He used he word "tone" rather than going the "bigot" or "transphobe" direction, showing his astuteness.

I'm leaving the thread here as is, I think it lead to some useful comments and it's good to see that on a subject such as this.

O.M.A. and lwd like this.
  14. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

My only issue is; who pays? I have zero problem with anyone who wants to pay for such changes themselves, but I have a real problem with taxpayers funding what is essentially cosmetic surgery. And yeah, somebody is going to jump in here describing the angst of 'feeling' like another sex, but having the wrong plumbing. I would counter with the angst of somebody having undersized breasts or man-parts, or nose or height or chin or whatever else limits their social life or gives them feelings of inadequacy. This is why I would have no problem with transgenders in the military (as long as their surgeries are not part of the program). Throw on a sun dress and some pumps in the evening and have at it, just don't ask the taxpayers to pay for your transformation and a year of limited duty for cosmetic changes that *you* choose.

Pacifist likes this.
  15. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

Okay Kodiak the gloves are off, who told you about my man-parts?

KTK

Disclaimer: this too is suppose to be humour and is not intended to offend anyone. Well maybe Kodiak. ;0)

16. toki2

toki2 Active Member

I am more concerned with young pre teen children 'coming out' and the pressure on them to be sexualized which leads to bullying and tragic suicides. I could fight, climb trees and wield a catapult with the best of the males. I was a tomboy but that changed big time in my mid teens. Bullying and prejudice will always be with us no matter how liberal or accepting we perceive society becomes but adults should not encourage children to conceptualize their sexual orientation.

17. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I knew a guy when I was in the second grade that was as gay an Graham Norton. In those days this was a problem, so his father killed him. No more pressure.