Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Deleting PM messages, adding friends ....How ?

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by gtblackwell, Aug 5, 2014.

1. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

I am a bit tech slow, a gross understatement , . Several people have told me they cannot send me a PM, my box is full. I cannot figure out how to empty it...no delete button that I can see.

Somehow I have a list of friends here but do not remember how to add new ones.

Lastly I , by mistake, downloaded IE 11. It is not simple to return to 10 , and now I cannot add a link to anything I post. link or image ? Would Chrome be better ?

Many thanks for any advice,

Gaines

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

For your PMs, look on the lower right after your messages. There should be an option to delete checked messages. If you want to delete them all, there should be a box in the upper right across from "New". As for adding friends, go to your profile and there should be an option to Manage Friends on the left side of the screen.

I use Firefox as my browser.

3. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Gaines,

I recommend Firefox. I've used Chrome before, but the interface is too "slick" for my liking (I'm old fashioned and old habits die hard)!

However at the end of the day anything is better than IE.

4. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Thanks to all. I got the delete PM's working but still trying to add friends. Manage friends shows me my list of existing friends but not how to add. Strange as I have done it before.

I agree IE is pretty sorry, will look at Firefox and Chrome. Slick is a bad word to me so leaning toward Firefox.

Cheers,
    Gaines

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Gaines, to add a friend, type in the member name. Once the profile is displayed, one of the options is to "Add as a friend". Should be on the right. That person will then show up on your friend list. Hope this helps. If not, feel free to add to your questions.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Yes, instead of going through your own profile, go to your friends profile and add them to your friend list that way