Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Did you know

Discussion in 'War44 General Forums' started by Cabel1960, May 8, 2007.

1. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    When the war had started in the west and the battle for Caen was underway, Hitler visited his Generals , Rundstedt and Rommel, as these were asking to fall back and secure better poitions, Hitler refused this request and returned to his safe house, the next day one of his V-2 rockets that was sent over to England had a fault and lost all its bearings, the rocket landed in Hitlers backyard, by the afternoon he was back in Germany. True story. :botman:

2. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Aye, i have read this somewhere, still had a smile on my face reading this, such a hypocrite.. Great Info.. :thumb:

3. Jeannie

Jeannie New Member

via War44
    No I did not know this. I suppose Hitler felt he was safe and did not have any regard for anyone else including his generals who knew what was best for them in these conditions.

4. SamIam

SamIam New Member

via War44
    I did not know this. It is a good little tid bit of information. I will have to see if my friend knew this.

5. brandon05

brandon05 New Member

via War44
    I cringe saying this but it is to bad it didn't hit him. Sorry I am not a mean person in the least but this might have prevented so much from happening. Thanks for sharing this information.