Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Die Whermarcht Schirmmutze

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by S.Vestae, Jan 12, 2008.

1. S.Vestae

S.Vestae Member

2 Nice nco wh caps, the first is a Pekuros Cavalry and the second a rare taylor Arty :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 272VGD.

272VGD. Member

Very nice!!!

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Very nice visors. I have an Artillery Officers visor made of the early "Doe-Skin" material. The color of the material is an exact match for the Arty Major's tunic I have.

4. S.Vestae

S.Vestae Member

Many thanks for your reply,

C.Evans, generaly we have 2 kind of cap manufacture, the "Doeskin" manufacture for private purchasse, and the "Trikot" manufacture utilised for the contract cap or maybe private purchasse
    a other manufacture exist " the big wool" manufacture utilised in the generic marquer ( Extra Klasse )

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi S. thanks for the info but I already knew that ;-)) I think I should have said that my cap is an early one made in 1939 of Doe-skin material. What I like about mine is that the exact same color for my cap and Artillerie Major's tunic -even though they were not originally together when I bought them - exactly match. My Major's tunic was also made in 1939 by: Franz Teufel of Duisberg (SP?)

Mit Freundlichen Grusse - Carl.

6. S.Vestae

S.Vestae Member

it would be a great Uniform....!!!
    it's very rare to find the same color ;)
    Sebastian.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I agree with you friend. I got pretty lucky when I got both of them about 10 years ago. My "Major" served in both WK1 and WK2 and in WK2 was on the Eastern Front. He has the 1914 EK2 w/ 1939 Spange, as well as loops for a 1914 EK1 and a 1939 EK1 Spange, Artillerie Kriegsabziechen, wound badge, clost combat clasp and or 8 or so stuke feldspange.

Pictures of this will be fourthcoming after I learn how to use my new digital camera and find out ho wto post images here.