Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Slipdigit, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

2. texson66

texson66 Ace

How does anyone get into the US anymore? They just come right on in! Unfortunately, Uncle Sugar is welcoming these types for God-only-knows reasons instead of securing our borders! And it's only going to get a lot worse (starting 20 Jan 09)!:(

3. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Sad. Truly sad.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

In (their) own minds, the Palestinians are NEVER wrong-only the Jewish peoples of Isreal. Really is disgusting.

5. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Horrific remarks.

6. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I guess the Palestinians have somehow forgotten that for a week before the current Israeli offensive against Gaza, Hamas was launching rockets into the civilian areas of Israeli.

The lesson appears to be that's it's not wise to twist the tail of a sleeping lion.

7. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

Well, I have a Lebanese, as well as a Bengali friend. Both being Muslims, they are avid supporters of the Palestinians, who were robbed of their lands as much as the Jews were a millennium earlier. They are not bad people, and they would find such a comment just as disgusting as any of us.

However, there are the extremists. Like terrorists, the undesirables of Palestinian people give a bad name to the group they belong to. Just like all Muslims are not terrorists, all Palestinians are not ignorant protesters and/or warmongers. The only reason that you do not see anti-Palestine protests is because for now and for the last decade, Israel had the upper hand. Neither of them are better than the other, all humans are equal, but Israel has the stronger and more successful military, which is evoking protests. Now I'm sure if the Palestinians enjoyed the same military advantage, they would act along the same lines, and there would be anti-Palestine, not anti-Israel protests. And Israel, I'm sure, if faced with defeat, would not have given up peacefully either, and appealed to the U.N. or fought guerrilla action, or something even quite similar to the Palestinian tactics.

What I mean to say is that, they are all humans, and no one is better. There will always be the horriffic, inconsiderate, and stupidly violent extremists, but they belong to every society, not just the Muslims and Palestinians. It's just that, due to the current nature of the world, the spotlight is on them. For example, not all Southerners are members of the KKK, and not all Arabs are terrorists. I know nobody said that they were, but, especially here in America, the media has taught the word Islam to be synonymous with terrorist.

chocapic likes this.
  8. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

True that the Palestinians are acting in violence, but it is unfair to say exactly who started it. It is very opinionated here, and I prefer to stay away from any side. The mandate that was given to Israel was their historical home, yes, but for centuries, the Palestinians had already treated it like their home as well. It would be akin to the Iraqis surrendering their home without choice to a group of Mesopotamians from millennia ago, or the South Americans moving away to give their land to a group of modern-day Incas.

I also understand the Jewish perspective, that, everywhere that they did call home, including Europe, turned into an unlivable hell, and that they all had a longing to go back to the ancestral home. I also sympathize, that, after they arrived peacefully and with good intention, the Arab nations were disillusioned with the fact that the U.N. seemed to control all, and attacked Israel without provocation.

Neither side is to blame, even the winning side. It is not the Israeli's fault, that, when faced with sudden and vicious war, they found themselves extremely capable at defending themselves. At no fault of their own, they gained the upper hand in the Middle East, at the cost of the Palestinians.

The real cause of this matter is the failure to assign any homeland to the Palestinians, not even reservations like the Native Americans we forced out of America. The failure of the U.N. in that matter has sparked a conflict that I predict, will never stop until one side is utterly destroyed or defeated.

9. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

You cant blame the UN for everything.

Have a look at the veto's of its plans and ideas, yes some silly and some one sided at times, but isnt that the same in any conflict. But the UN is not allowed a role there by veto, but has to take the blame when it starts...

WE ARE THE UN.

10. Richard

Richard Expert

And that is why there will never be peace.

That sickening women needs to be re-educated fast.

11. Richard

Richard Expert

United Nitwits. ;)

Israel should tell the UN put your money where your mouth is and you go in and stop the rocket attacks. As if they could.

12. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I am ashamed to live in the same state as such people. Reason Number 1003543 why Florida really sucks.

13. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Yep, thats us.

Anyhow, Im sure the security council members are all members too...thats us...Amongst the coalition of the unwilling Im sure we could do something.

14. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Whats 'Reason Number 1003543'?

15. Mussolini

The Touristas.

16. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Well, I agree the Israelis aren't to blame for everything. However, the Palestinians and I'm not refering to Hamas people have been roughed up a bullied a lot by Israelis. Take their enclaves in the middle of supposed Palestinian territory. And the wrecking of houses of supposed Hamas and Fatar family members which disslodged countless women and children... It's all terrible, it's all war! So Israel as also wronged the palestinians. I blame the Brits for this mess :p

Cheers...

17. Mussolini

The Palestinians voted Hamas into power. Then they cry when the Israel blows up their house because they let Hamas fire rockets at Isreal from them. That school where 30~ people died? Hamas militants fired mortars at Isrealis from the vicinity then hid amongst the crowd. Some locals saw the whole thing and reported it.

18. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

So, ever asked ourself why Hamas was voted into power?? And what I' talking about has been happening way back. Way before Hamas was power. And they are not absolute power. Their government is a complicated one.
    violence only brings more violence and right now, I bet there are thousands of palestinians wanting to join the ranks of Hamas. The answer to this problem is not violence.
    Oh and how about the ~500 civilians that died already in Palestinia?? Do they not count??? Or because hamas shot first (which they didn't. this conflict streches way before Hamas was created) the Israelis have the right to kill innocent bystanders?? Just to make things even.

Cheers...

chocapic and SOAR21 like this.
  19. Mussolini

If you want to talk about the past, then Muslims have no right to be in Jerusalem. The Jews were there long before Islam was even founded. We're talking well over 1,000 years before Islam was even founded. Hell, Christianity has at least 700 years on Islam too.

The '500' Civilians is an inaccurate statement. Of the 700 Palestinians killed thus far, about 400 of them have been militants, which makes civilian deaths closer to 300 than 500.

Hamas broke the ceasfire, firing rockets into Israel and refused to renegotiate a cease fire. Israel is doing the only thing that is possible to make a country (if you will) that is hell bent on eradicating all Jews from firing more rockets and mortars into its country.

A key difference here is that Hamas has been purposefully targeting Civilian targets in Israel, not military targets. Israel, in retaliation, launched a military offensive into Palestine to target the Militants. Now, these Militants use human shields for cover. They shoot at Israelis from civilian houses and schools, hide amongst civilians, etc. Unless the Palestinian people rise up to overthrow Hamas - which would end this blood shed - the violence will never stop. But the Palestinians would sooner kill the Jews then end the violence against them.

mikebatzel, Joe, Richard and 2 others like this.
  20. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I really don't care who started the trouble in the Middle east; I suppose we can blame the Brits for the original problem, it's not called the "Twice Promised Land" for nothing. That, however, is an historical issue and should be put in the past.

But why the Hell do the people who live there insist on turning the place into a Hell on earth today? Working together, they could have a fairly enjoyable life. But what they do instead is let religion and historical wrongs control their current lives to the point where no one is happy.

Some people have defended Islam, but I have to say it seems to me that Islam appears to constitute more than half the problem because of their intolerance toward other religions. Maybe not all Moslems share that attitude, but their leaders certainly seem to, and many countries that operate under Islamic law actually outlaw the practice of any other religion.

I would venture to opine that, until Islam recognizes the right of other religions to exist and be practiced freely and openly, and the right of people to freely choose their religion, or choose no religion at all, it's going to continue to have serious conflicts with it's neighbors.

Just my opinion, and I'm sorry if it offends anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.