Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Display

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by jaguwar, Feb 13, 2009.

1. jaguwar

jaguwar Member

How are you all displaying your collection? My collection has been growing very steadly, (Mostly pictures and death cards) and I am trying to find the best way to display it.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Unfortunately for lack of shelves-I keep all photos in albums and all my militaria in a wardrobe and in boxes. All my books-still in oxes. The only things I have that are currently seeing the light of day (or lightbulb as the case may be) Is my Heer Arty Majors tunic-matchinf peaked visored cap, Dads WWII GI steel pot-cartridge belt, Luftschutze Gladiator Helmet, Opas Doughboy cap-and WWII Captains jacket.

3. jaguwar

jaguwar Member

That is about where my collection is at right now. Everything in boxes or in albums except the head gear and uniforms. I have the room now that is going to be dedicated to my collection, but I still need ideas on how to display them. I was thinking about getting those standing all glass cabinets and placing some things in that and some of the bigger photos on the walls.

4. BigBlack

BigBlack Member

Hi jaguwar.

Here is a link to a really good Wehrmacht militaria forum which has lots of threads involving peoples collections. You may need an account to see the pictures but many of these guys have amazing collections and really cool rooms which may give you some ideas.

Collections Display Forum - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

jaguwar likes this.
  5. jaguwar

jaguwar Member

Thank you BigBlack. There are a lot of great ideas. I found some great ways of displaying uniforms on the wall along with medals in frames.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Shelves , on the floor, in the garage , in the garden shed, outside in the garden , on the wall and whereever Mrs Skipper will allow me to put my "junk" and "old iron" as she says.