Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.
  1. Juan

Juan recruit

Hello i am new in the forum.
    I am from Argentina and maybe my english is bad.

I am trying to find out in which division my grandfather fought but i have little info:
    He fought in the italian army.

He fought in the invasion of Etiopia in 1935,in Grece in north africa and in Sicily were he was wonded and the british took him prisioner.He was send to a prisiners boat in England and he returned to Italy in 1949.

He was artillery sargent.

I have poor info because my grandfather died when my mother and uncle were a child and they cant remember anything and my grandmothers says that her dont like to talk about the war.

I would like to know in which division he fought.If there is any coincidence in the OOB .I am trying to find out in which campaing of north Africa.

Thanks Juan.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome. Juan.

Don't worry about your English, it is just fine. :) If we can't figure something you have typed, we'll ask, and you can do the same.

I don't know much about the Italian Army, but surely someone here does and maybe you can at least get pointed in the right direction.

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

bienvenida Juan. I could not find anything detailed on the order of Battle online. Did find that the Osprey book "The Italian Invasion of Abyssinia 1935-36" By David Nicolle gives details on units that took part.

Slipdigit likes this.
  4. Juan

Juan recruit

I will try to find the book PzJgr and also anothen of the invasion of Grecce, the first made by the italian and the second in cooperation with the germans.

Also PzJgr Juan is male "bienvenido":D

Thanks Juan.;)

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I thought so but that damn Babelfish was insistent. next time I go with my gut.

6. Jan7

Jan7 Member

Querido Juan: Soy tocayo tuyo,[​IMG] aunque uso habitualmente otro nombre familiar, Jan. He leído tu consulta, y se me ocurrió que buscando por Seconda Guerra Mondiale en Google Italia, encontrarías muchos enlaces. Y así es: seconda guerra mondiale - Buscar con Google
    Si te pones en contacto con los distintos webmaster, seguro que puedes encontrar muchos datos y respuestas a tus preguntas.

Y te animo a participar en este Foro, estoy muy seguro que has encontrado un montón de nuevos amigos encantados por ayudarte.
    Y para tu inglés, te puedes ayudar de diccionarios online. Esta respuesta la he hecho primero en español, y luego, con el traductor de mi firma, retocando un poco, se la ofrezco al resto de los compañeros en inglés.

Dear Juan: I am yours namesake[​IMG], but usually use another familiar name as Jan. I read your query, and I came looking for Google Seconda Guerra Mondiale in Italy, I will find many links. And that are: seconda guerra mondiale - Buscar con Google If you get in touch with individual webmaster, sure you can find a lot of data and answers to your questions.

And I encourage you to participate in this Forum, I am very sure that you found a lot of new friends happy to help you. And your English, you can help of dictionaries online. This response I made in first place in Spanish and then, by the translator of my signature, a little retouch, is the offer to the rest of the comrades in English.

[​IMG]

Jan.