Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Do you think these movies are good at expressing ..........

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by A.GREG, Mar 22, 2001.

1. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Do any of you think that all these movies are doing a good job of expressing the pain and suffering that really went on in the war? If they are, which ones?

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If you are talking about movies like A Time To Love and A Time To Die/Stalingrad/SPR/EATG etc--I think they show a decent amount os pain/suffering--even though a movie could never show exactly the emotions of the real thing. Stalingrad does an excellent job showing the pain and suffering as does ATTLaATTD and the classic: Alls quiet on the wastern front (1930)

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Stalingrad is a great choice for portraying suffering, so is Das Boot. Although I have not seen it, I have heard the Bridge is great for this too.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im trying to get copies of each as we speak but am not having luck getting the exact ones I need.

I tried the easy way and checked with Blockbuster but-THEY dont order movies for people anymore-or at least here in CC TX.

I guess I will try Amazon or the one R.FOGT listed.

5. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

I never thought that movies could ever portray the same suffering, death, and loss as the real thing, but some of htese movies come close (as watching goes anyway).