Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Donald John Trump

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takao

Takao Ace

Yes, very strange...I could have sworn terror incidents recently took place in Germany, , Brussels, Nice, and Paris, but since Trump "in his entire speech", never mentioned the words "terror", "incident", "attack", "terrorist attack", I can only presume that these notorious events never actually took place.

Perhaps, Trump is looking to ban people from Sweden, Germany, Brussels, Nice, and Paris, since, obviously, only "bad people" live there. You know...Look at what happened in Sweden last night...Bad people...Very bad. Ban them!

Yes, it is a trifle that our standing President has lost touch with reality...But, that is our "cross" to bear. Hopefully, it will not effect the rest of the world too much.

As for thinking four years ahead...Let's get back to the "Here and Now" President Trump, right now you have a country to run, and you are doing a rather pitiful job of running it by being on the 2020 Campaign Trail.

This Melbourne, Florida stop was a pathetic excuse for Trump to return to his "comfort zone", the campaign trail, where he was surrounded by sycophants. He has been getting his butt kicked up-and-down Pennsylvania Avenue and Capitol Hill, so, no wonder he needed to get away for some good old-fashioned boot-licking.

2. Takao

Takao Ace

3. denny

denny Member

Yeah.....that Huffington link was Very "Revealing".
    Sometimes i (almost) feel sorry for Trump.
    He is not a politician, i would would make some of the same errors in protocol if i were him, but then again, i did not run for President.
    Thumbs up to the Moxy of these reporters who Will Not be Terrorized/Marginalized/Silenced by the likes of:
    Kellyanne Goebbels
    Steve Himmler
    Sean Eichman
    Etc etc

4. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I'm starting to get compassion fatigue. I've only just got over Bowling Green, and now I'm feeling sorry for the population of Sweden.

Where next ?

denny likes this.
  5. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

We need more fainting couches for the press.

Humanity was in danger because Trump said there was a terror attack.
    Now, humanity is in danger because Trump didn't say there was a terror attack.

Additionally humanity is in danger because a man with a sign was a member of some tiny (although wealthy) religious group ten years ago.

6. Takao

Takao Ace

No...You are incorrect. Trump never mentioned a terror attack when he mentioned German, Sweden, Nice, Paris, and Brussels.

So, Humanity is fine. Nothing of concern to Humanity happened in these places.

Trump says, or does not say, so.

7. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

He didn't, but other people did:

8. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

9. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

"The media lies."
    -- Trump, 1/5/17

"Media is fake...Dishonest."
    -- Trump, 1/9/17

"A lot of the media is actually the opposition party...They're very dishonest people."
    -- Trump, 2/1/17

"The public doesn't believe you people any more."
    -- Trump on media, 2/16/17

"The fake news media (failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"
    -- Trump, 2/17/17

"If you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press...The first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator, I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."
    -- Sen. John McCain, 2/19/17

Takao likes this.
  10. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    Why is everyone picking on the guy, what happened to freedom of speech?

He is an old man and gets forgetful, leave him alone, how would like it if everyone ganged up and started making fun of your great grand dad. Give him the box with the buttons on he like that and it keeps him quiet.

11. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Trump hasn't shut down the press or even threatened to so, so suggesting such is fake news. I laughed my ass off at his 80 minute screed against the press. Like him or hate him, he's absolutely right about that. The political press is a bunch of self-important blow-hards who get more things wrong than right, then are offended when they get called on it. What really bothers the press is that they are starting to realize that social media has made them irrelevant. People don't sit down and watch the 6 o'clock news anymore, and the few that do watch it with a jaundiced eye. People get the news on the intertubes or phone, so when the big news outlets get together and make noises for or against a political entity, it no longer has any affect on the public.

Trump gets that. He's the first Twitter president. He doesn't need to kiss the media's ass, and they are mightily offended by the new reality.

To be fair, I still dislike lawyers and congress more than I dislike the press, so there's that.

12. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Ok. But the problem is when he gets fact checked and he is in the wrong he throws everyone else under the bus. It's never his own doing. And it's not just a display of power as the commander in chief, he has used the same ploy since the beginnings of his campaign. He continues to lie and spew absurdities which are inaccuracies with subtle truth. It's exhausting. All news channels have a slant but he sides with the revisionist ones as well. It's hard to swallow.

13. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

There's nothing new under the Sun. Such tactics have been used before with some success.

I recommend 'The Captive Press In The Third Reich' by Oron Hale ( Princeton, 1964 )...'Closer to reality and more indicative of the future was ...an address by Otto Dietrich, Reich press chief ..in the sharpest terms he denounced the 'Downright mistaken orientation of the German press' during the preceding fourteen years...it had failed to defend the National honour and interests.... ( Dietrich)promised a thorough homecleaning by the new regime...' ( p.79 )

14. OpanaPointer

Hysterical over any little thing Obama said, and then follow it up with "Give the guy a break!" Gotta love it.

15. denny

denny Member

Its pathetic....coming from a group of people That Insisted (for years) Obama was not a citizen, and that he either payed for or cheated at his college grades..... would dare to question the press.
    These people have lied about everything from Massive Voter Fraud, to making up terrorism in Cities and Countries where it Did Not take place, to lying about the size and even the weather at an inauguration party, to lying about the number of votes that Trump won by.
    It is standard Fascist/Dictatorial procedure to discredit "The Media" and THAT is Exactly what the Rump Whitehouse is doing, and his group of White Nationalists are taking the bait.
    Possible court action has begun.
    Just one potential:
    http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/19/1635381/-Media-Bites-Back-Newspaper-Threatens-Defamation-Suit-for-GOP-Senator-Calling-Them-Fake-News?detail=email&link_id=1&can_id=aa2b564de91811bddf0d0c3e1c5857a8&source=email-media-bites-back-newspaper-threatens-defamation-suit-for-gop-senator-calling-them-fake-news&email_referrer=media-bites-back-newspaper-threatens-defamation-suit-for-gop-senator-calling-them-fake-news&email_subject=media-bites-back-newspaper-threatens-defamation-suit-for-gop-senator-calling-them-fake-news

Speaking of fake news...how about some of our Fine Citizens making yet more false claims.
    http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/19/1635595/-It-turns-out-the-hunters-who-said-immigrants-attacked-them-while-hunting-shot-themselves?detail=email&link_id=2&can_id=aa2b564de91811bddf0d0c3e1c5857a8&source=email-media-bites-back-newspaper-threatens-defamation-suit-for-gop-senator-calling-them-fake-news&email_referrer=media-bites-back-newspaper-threatens-defamation-suit-for-gop-senator-calling-them-fake-news&email_subject=media-bites-back-newspaper-threatens-defamation-suit-for-gop-senator-calling-them-fake-news

16. OpanaPointer

And comments like "We can call it the WHITE House again!"

17. m kenny

m kenny Member

KJ Jr likes this.
  18. OpanaPointer

19. Takao

Takao Ace

I don't know about you, but I am exercising my right to freedom of speech.

Trump has the freedom of speech to lie, and we have the freedom of speech to call him on his lies.

20. Takao

Takao Ace

I'm going to need a lot more AmeriCANS
    [​IMG]
    before I start believing that we can with Trump as President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.