Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Empire Total War: Favorite Faction

Discussion in 'Other WarGames' started by Hufflepuff, Sep 9, 2009.

?

Favorite faction from Empire: Total War

1. United Kingdom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. France

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Austria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Prussia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Russia

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. United Provinces

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Spain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. United States

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The Ottoman Empire

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  10. The Maratha Confederacy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Poland-Lithuania

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sweden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

Name your favorite faction from Empire Total War.

My favorite I'd have to say is Prussia overall, although I like all the factions for different reasons (IE, the United Provinces because they have the best trade opportunities).

Prussia is my favorite though because they have great infantry, and because they are more military-oriented, not putting too much emphasis on trade. This means they are slightly poorer than the other nations, but you can build a very strong army from your rescource-producing sources at home.

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I am more inclined with the British 'Red Coats' then anything, but once you get the thirteen colonies and take most of America, you can simply invade both Spain and France, and once you have done that the game is vitually over, because it is merely only a matter of time before you crush everyone else.

Although I do also like Prussia because they are probably the hardest nation to start out as, being almost at with with poland and Russia, and since you start with few supplies you have to act quick. In my current game my plan was to build three big armies and storm into Poland about 5 turns into the game. effectively knocking Poland out of the game, and it sure scared Russia off, they never once attacked me, most of my time was spent fighting the Austrians and the Ottomans.