Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Erich--Luftwaffe aces site found!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by C.Evans, Oct 1, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ah HA, it works!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Great site, Carl! Erich is going to enjoy it! ;)

And if someone needs help in translating it, ¡Sólo llamadme! Just call me! ;) Ich kann sehr gut Spanisch sprechen! :D

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks but, the one Erich listed looks to be better--even w/o the cloudy background. :D

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

They are both quite good......I had thought the same of just doing one add-on to our sturmgruppen site with just a listing and the bio's of the bomber killers that had 5 or more for both night and day. Collecting the info just gave me a migrane headache and I told myself to forget it before I got an ulcer.....

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Tellllll me about headaches..... At one time, I was going to compile an aces listing like this one and the one you provided. Well, some friends of mine told me about this site from Chile, and I got to looking at it and found that after several months of difficult research--that my list was unaccurate and flat out sucked. I missed at least 1 in 3 of them listed.

On well--my only sources at that time were library books--so, I guess I didnt do too badly.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Were you not working on a pretty complete Kriegsmarine listing ? Well looking on the Luftwaffe side of things, whom do you include ? It is so vast it is incredible besidesw mind-blowing. Recon, bomber, fighter day and night, ground attack, etc. I know that friend Petr Kacha, the site that Friedrich mentioned has some good bios on it but his undertaking is just so huge I don't think he will ever have it finsihed. i've helped him and also corrected some of his info recently but Petr is very slow to take info and update.....sure glad I'm not doing this type of site. It is necessary I believe for those interested in such details but to acquire those details takes months of investigative work, or years even.

E

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I was working on both a Uboat losses project and a complete KC listing project, but both are on the back burner even though both are more than 65% or more--completed. I just got a bit burned out on both projects and figured that I would start another on-going project on Senior Waffen SS Commanders--just for a change of pace :D

9. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Carl,

I saw a 'complete' Uboat Losses book by Arms & Armourers publishers the other day in my discount bookstores. Apparently it has all the Uboote and their faith in it. When sunk, of course; where , what when kinda thing. Just a small piece of text with every Boot. No elaborate stuff. Don't know who wrote it. Do you know it? Might save you a lot of work! :D

10. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

From what I have seen on the net, the Spanish seem to love researching the Luftwaffe, and putting up websites on the same, Left, Right, and Centre!!!!!!

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello Stevin--if you see the book again---can you get it for me? It does sound alot like what I was doing. What I have is time--dates--positions and causes for sinkings. PLus by what nations shipe and or aircraft. I have appx how many killed--and the survivors. Basically that is it.

PS, if you can get me the book--just let me know how much and I would like to send you the money.

12. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Maybe you should ask Herr Kaleun ? Thought there was a book on success's by Röhwehr ? and maybe one on losses as well.....?, I'm to weak on U-booten references.

E

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I already have a great reference book--only it is all in Deutsch. I do understand about 1 in 4 words in it though so I do get an understanding on what it says. ;)