Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ernst Roehm Gay???

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by reddog2k, May 27, 2003.

1. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

If any of you saw that mini series about Hitler. During the night of the long knives Hitler broke into Roehms room and saw him in bed with another man. Is there any proof that Roehm was gay?

2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

From what I hear there is little evidance either way, the Nazis claimed that he was found in bed with a young SA member, then again apparently many of the SA men at the hotel were sleeping naked and sharing beds. Really it is all rather irrellivant.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

4. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

Thanks for the info.

5. Tommy Atkins

Tommy Atkins Member

Hi
    I don't think there is much of an argument to state that Rohm WASN'T a homosexual.There is plenty of evidence against.Well before the Night of the Long Knives and Hitler's turning against him he was widely known to frequent various gay bars and establishments,was a member of the League and Human rights which was pro homosexual and publicly spoke out against Paragraph 175 of the 1871 laws which stated 'a male who indulges in a criminally indecent activity with another male will be punished by imprisonment'.
    Furthermore he is credited with either influencing or writing an anonymous article published in 1932 which stated any nazi who was loyal and fulfilled their duties to the party should be allowed to live private lives of creative eroticism and participate in loving homosexual relationships.A munich paper described Rohm and the SA leadership as 'The Brotherhood of Poofs' !.There is also a lot of rumour concerning appointments made being linked to homosexual relationships and lastly the man himself was openly gay,ie 'out'.
    regards

6. De Vlaamse Leeuw

De Vlaamse Leeuw Member

I don't think that any evidence has been found to assume that he was gay.

7. ww2buff

ww2buff Member

Erwin, the man was so flauntingly gay a blind man could see it!!! It is well known that Rohm was gay, and it gave hope to many homosexuals during the 1930's that there was a gay member ibn the Nazi Party(This gave them hope that there would be no reprocutions). But, at any rate, Rohm is gay, he's dead, and the world still spins.

8. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

Then how did he get to such a high position if he was openly gay? I always thought Hitler hated gays.

9. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

Yep but at that time Hitler was still not the uncontested ruler of the Nazi Party, Rohm still was a threat with over two million SA men under his command. I read from the book 'Totenkopf' that Rohm once said "I am a indeed wicked and immature man," this was to suggest he had a weakness for young men. But no-one has any hard evidence, some even suggest Hitler himself was gay.

10. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Ernst Röhm was absolutely gay. And he didn't hide it. Everybody knew it and Hitler himself DIDN'T care. No one did. Röhm was a very valuable member por the nazi movement. He was executed because he disdained Hitler and was too powerful. (Check the other threads about Röhm). And he indeed was caught in bed with a young man the night he was arrested. Röhm was arrested and his lover was killed at the spot. Some other SA members were gay too and were sleeping together in that hotel on the 'Long Knives Night'. You can look into any book which mentions Röhm and all them will point out his homosexuality. Hitler didn't care about the people's personal lives, unless they affected him politically.

And Hitler was not gay at all. It was Himmler the one who ordered the purge of homosexuals from the SS and other Reich ministrys. You can't try to interpretate Hitler's sexuality because it is impossible and there are no reliable sources anywhere which can proof that Hitler was attracted to men. There are proofs in the other hand, that he liked young and beautiful girls and had several relations. Amongst them: Eva Braun and Geli Raubaul. The historian's claims that Hitler was gay are just ignorant and stupid statements made just to sell filthy books. :rolleyes:

11. ww2buff

ww2buff Member

12. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Well, again. There are no substantial proofs or evidence that tells us that Hitler had one testicle, that he was gay, that he was a sadomasochist or that he had erectile disfunction or whichever other stupid afirmations might be.

13. No.9

No.9 Ace

Not over interested in the subject, however, I would say a consensus of ‘reliable’ opinion based on ‘facts’, might indicate that Hitler, sexually, was not altogether sure where he was at? During his W.W.I service, in-between riding his bicycle and playing with his stray dog, he appears to have been well caught in the hay with his mate Ernst Schmidt! :eek:

Now, the domestic staff at Bertchesgaden have gone on record saying on mornings after nights when Hitler and Eva slept together, they found the bed linen ‘unsoiled’? :eek: They also said he had no other bed-partners though! Is a meaningful relationship possible without playing hide the sausage? Of course it is. Unusual, but not unheard of.

Then again, towards his latter days he was very ‘keen’ on his young nice was he not? :eek:

For the physco-analysts out there, would the ‘fact’ that his ‘father’ used to beat him rotten not have, if anything, encouraged him towards female company rather than male?

There again, Winston’s mother neglected him appallingly, yet it did not deter his later affection for Clementine?

I agree with Freddy’s opinion that there are people writing ‘dirty’ books to make money. Their startling revelations seem to be nothing more than what people, in their imagination, are supposed to have done. The people, of course, are all dead and Hitler destroyed any evidence anyway?

It reminds me of Spike Milligan’s reply when asked if he’d ever been burgled. He said; “Yes, I came back from Australia one time to find someone had broken into my flat, stolen the entire contents, and replaced everything with identical replicas!” :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No.9

[ 01. June 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: No.9 ]