Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ERWIN ROMMEL’S LOCATIONS HERRLINGEN AND ULM

Discussion in 'North Africa and the Mediterranean' started by Maksym Chornyi, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Maksym Chornyi

Maksym Chornyi Member

ERWIN ROMMEL’S LOCATIONS HERRLINGEN AND ULM

This week I want to take you into a historical voyage to a little city of Herrlingen and the big German city of ULM and reveal the locations, attributed to the last weeks and hours of Erwin Rommel. I have made this trip more than a year ago and now it took me three weeks to research a number of Rommel’s biographies, books on ‘July plot’, the post-war testimonies, the history of the region. This grippingly detailed article would take you to the villa of the Fieldmarshal, the site of his death, the military hospital, his grave, and other sites. I hope, it would be meaningful to you and looking forward to your feedback on the material, including comments, maybe questions and corrections. My take-to-home message is ‘Read books and travel’.

The last days of Erwin Rommel: Ulm and Herrlingen sites

[​IMG]

bronk7 likes this.
  2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

..the humans ''create'' problems where they have to do '''inhuman''/abnormal things --such as Rommel's suicide/etc ....not only his suicide, but the conflict of loyalty to the country vs loyalty to do the '''right'' thing/etc ...
    ..thank you for the link--a perfect ''out of the way'' type story--pictures

3. harolds

harolds Member

I believe Manfred, after a successful career in politics, died a fairly short time ago. So all three are together again.