Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Eurovision Song Contest...

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by CAC, Feb 10, 2015.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Im not bored or retired...people of all ages (especially the 30 somethings) watch this in Australia...You have to be old to enjoy new music and stunning woman after stunning woman?
    Its the Eurotrash music and fashion and dancing that caught Australia's imagination 30 years ago and we still luv it...

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Well we like to watch it in Finland even if we get the zero points every time. So must say glad to see Australia enjoyes taking part in it,too. :) I only hate the fact that some countries give points to each other because they are culturally related like eastern bloc countries. Georgia and Russia giving top scores to each other? And they were in war awhile back... weird to me.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I thought the same...

4. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

These talent shows never produce any real talent. There was one called American Idol a few years ago that was popular - maybe it's still around? Anyway, the winners never went anywhere. They release a few records on the popularity bounce from the contest and then fade away. The problem is that none of these people are talented at writing music, and without that they are destined for obscurity.

6. dbf

dbf Member WW2|ORG Editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

It was hot and humid here today. ..There are a lot of slang wombats. This was endearing:
    wombat
    The act of "un-sticking" ones testicles from their legs via a small short-bursted hop/jump/rocking motion. Normally used in a repetitious manner for approximately 2-5 seconds. Can be used in a side-to-side or front-to-back manner.
    Sorry, I had to wombat! It's hot as hell out here!

8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Thats the ticket!...
    Dont take yourselves too seriously and have fun...Ireland are the Eurovision champions...won it about 7 times!
    Dont google Jedward though...you'll regret it.
    As for never spawning any talent...ABBA ring a bell? They were recently offered a billion dollars to reform...And the sales are largely European...Our Guy Sabastian is already enjoying a massive increase in sales...he agreed to do it because he hasnt broken the Euro market and this was a massive way to get yourself known and heard...Europeans buy music too.

9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Poppy wombats are unique to Australia...Ya'll know that right?

10. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Yep. I've heard of wombats and other marsupials native to AU.
    We have polar bears, native to Canada. Did you know.
    I was talking about sticky testicles. What were you referring to.

11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Sorry mate...i had to type and run...i thought you were saying there were heaps of wombats sayings in Canada...
    Now you've piqued my interest...is it Kodiak bears native to Canada? Maybe a wombat could be a pygmy bear...

12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

My bad. It is the "ghost /spirit bear", the Kermode bear- not Polar bear. Native to the North coast of BC, subspecies of the NA black bear.
    But there are no fun slangs available.
    There are 66 wombat slangs in the Urban Dictionary. Some of which are pretty funny.

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Learn something every day...66! ive only heard of about 3...Feel free to use any : )
    Can we have a pic of said bear please?
    Why is it called the ghost or spirit bear?

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

15. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

This would be a contender for Eurovision sketch contest,
    Monty Python: The Mrs. Explodes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-JIJTSpF0

16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Hey wow! I feel a little weird ive not heard or seen this awesome looking animal...A gem in the forest.
    Ive put him up on both my monitors...looks very peaceful...Canada is awesome.

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

gents, ack to the topic please

18. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

Am not sure, but it might be that it's not actually the Georgians voting for Russia but the "Russians" within Georgian borders. If a certain group(s) votes for e.g. Russia only and the others divide their votes, then the favorite of that certain group is going to score well.

That phenomenon is present in many countries with large enough minorities, e.g. in Finland (the Estonians, the Swedish speakers, the Russians), Estonia (the Russians), Latvia (the Russians), Belorussia (the Russians), Ukraine (the Russians), Moldavia (the Russians), Germany (e.g. the Turks), France (e.g. the Armenians) and in Greece (the Albanians).

Also many countries are not only culturally related but are also more of less genetically and linguistically related, e.g. Greece and Cyprus, Moldavia and Romania, Russia and Belorussia and Ukraine, Norway and Sweden and Denmark, Germany and Austria (and Switzerland), the Czech Republik and Slovakia etc.

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Nicely explained...fills a few holes for me...maybe no one noticed but Australia gave its 12 points to Sweden and Sweden gave its 12 to us...a break from tradition for Sweden, wonder if any noses were out of joint...

20. David.W

David.W Active Member

I thought that two of the better tunes were those of Austria & the U.K.

They netted five points between them!

So much for tunes, it's all about the song it would seem. (The clue is in the name I suppose).

dbf likes this.