Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Eva Braun´s autopsy

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Kai-Petri, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The Death of Adolf Hitler: Unknown Documents from Soviet Archives, by Lev Bezymenski (New York: Harcourt, Brace, and World, Inc.,1968)

-----------

Does anyone know if this is considered the final and truthful investigation on the case.

AS well I was interested if there is a detailed investigation result on Eva Braun available on someone?

The reason why I´m more interested in Eva Braun´s autopsy is the fact that it seems that on Bezymenski´s book it is mentioned that there was blood in the lung corner and in the chest a hole where a schrapnel had passed through and caused this blood leakage (!). This was considered to have happened postmortem during the burning of bodies in the book. Especially the amount of blood is interesting as blood doesn´t move much in dead people....

:confused:

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

First off I'll say that this is one of those things for which exact answers are forever lost to History ; there will never be a 'final word'....

But the Bezymenski book - sensational when it came out - has been eclipsed by two later works written after the Soviet archives were made accessible : -

'The Death Of Hitler' by Ada Petrova and Peter Watson ( London 1995 ) and 'The Last Days Of Hitler ' by Anton Joachimsthaler ( London 1996 ). The last book is interesting as it gives an overview of the historiography of the Bunker.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Thanx Martin!

Yes, I guess the truth about what happened to people in the Bunker has been forever lost actually, but I´m still hoping that after the political situation has changed over the years we could at least get rid of the lies!