Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ex-SS War Criminal Under New Investigation

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by GRW, Feb 2, 2019.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Pity the statute of limitations ran out.
    "A 96-year-old former SS member who was involved in the massacre of 86 French men and boys in 1944 is facing a new investigation for hate speech.
    Karl Münter was previously sentenced to death in France in 1949 - but the verdict is now meaningless because the French statute of limitations has expired.
    But he caused outrage in a TV interview when he said he shot the victims of the horrific massacre because they tried to 'run away'.
    He told a German TV programme last year: 'If I arrest the men I'm responsible for them. And if they run away I have the right to shoot them.'
    German prosecutors are now investigating him on suspicion of hate speech over the comments.
    Münter also denied the holocaust took place, claiming: 'There weren't millions of Jews at the time, that's already been disproved. I've recently read somewhere that the number which is talked about is not right.'
    He served in the SS' notorious 12th Panzer Division 'Hitler Youth' which was responsible for a number of war crimes.
    Just months before the allied invasion in northern France, members of the resistance set off explosive on a railway near Lille.
    It derailed a train carrying Münter's battalion. Goods cars came off the track but no one was hurt.
    However Lt Walter Hauck, who was in charge of the transport, ordered a late night reprisal attack on the nearby village of Ascq.
    Men and boys, ranging from 18 to 75, were dragged to the railway tracks, lined up and shot dead."
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6660833/Ex-Nazi-SS-officer-involved-1944-massacre-86-French-men-boys-faces-hate-speech.html

2. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Hate speech? Only in leftist Europe.

That what they did when their prisoners were trying to run away.
    They = all combatants taking part in ww2.

But that " 86 French men and boys" were trying to run away at the same time was simply impossible. In such cases, people mostly behaved passively.

3. lwd

lwd Ace

Well they eventually put Al Capone away for tax evasion. Maybe that was the only thing that they could charge him with right off the bat that had a chance of sticking.

4. harolds

harolds Member

Besides, if all 86 fled at the same time, the chances of the guards killing all of them is slim or none!