Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

F1 2014 coming up.

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by gtblackwell, Mar 9, 2014.

1. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

At Owen's good suggestion I am starting a F 1 thread for the new season as it is rapidly approaching. I was being facetious about Red Bull sandbagging, they are missing huge bites of developing time as is Renault. Ferrari, Mercedes and even William's are showing promise. I do believe it will be a more interesting season though I am a big Vettel fan even though he shows Schumacher's killer instinct at times. I would love to see kimi take another championship.

I do think it odd that Bernie says there will be a F 1 race in Azerbaijan, do they have the money or population base. It is time for Ecclestone to retire in my view . Maybe the Germans will aid in that process . One can hope. I was not being totally facetious that the GP of Azerbaijan might become the GP of Russia....ummmmmmmm, or the GP of the USSR.

But regardless I look forward to the new season even if I am not a fan of 1.5-1.6 turbocharged engines. Reports say the sound is not bad but I envision a swarm of bees. I do hope the double points for the last race falls by the way side. It sounds like a NASCAR stunt to artificially create tension. I guess whenever a car gets 10 seconds ahead they could wave a caution flag and bunch them up again......

Gaines

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I remember so well the previous 1.5 litre turbo engines : watching Senna grapple 1200bhp around Brands Hatch with a stick-shift was something never to be forgotten !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dWLhhTto00

Turn those speakers up........

3. Owen

Owen O

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Interesting change in the winning teams with the new engines and cars... Wonder if the Sochi race will ever be held now...

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Looking very good for Mercedes indeed. Wonder if they can keep up the pace all the way through the season. Ferrari definitely has been a disappointment, no power in the engine, everybody seems to get past them these days. And everybody talking about the engine noise that they want to make it louder... ;)

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Bottas is getting better race by race as is his confidence.

Then again Kimi is not getting better, he seems to be turning into a sunday driver. Weird mistakes and to top it a 47G crash against the wall in the British GP.

Seems like Nico is winning the championship but Hamilton can surprise him, but only if he stops making those mistakes every now and then where he keeps losing valuable points. I would not be surprised if the winner is only one or two points better than the second.