Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

F1 vs GT Speed Comparison

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Otto, Jul 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The same track but different cars. All I can say about the F1 drivers is holy shit.

Owen and Kai-Petri like this.
  2. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Otto, very interesting comparison. The skills to drive a F 1 car are processed by only a few .The combination of speed, downforce, lateral acceleration , braking, shifting, even with a paddle shifter seems incomprehensible. The power band at 18,000 rpm must be pencil narrow. They long ago replaced valve springs with pneumatic openers and closers to prevent float. Plus each car is allowed 8 engines per season. One delicate/strong sport. I have followed it since post WW2, waiting on Road and Track to finally reach Selma, Alabama, months after the race , to now seeing them in HD real time . Hard to believe the changes.

Thanks for that interesting post.

3. Owen

Owen O

Been to Spa & seen the famous Eau Rouge hill (though not for a GP) , it is bloody steep.
    Now you know how fast they go up it, this move of Webber's on Alonso will be even more impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6a2bSH_lqQ

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

My father is a huge F1 follower, and because of him I've been mildly into it. These two video really show how close to super human these guys are though. That pass went under three seconds from start to finish. Ridiculous.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Eau Rouge is dangerous because if your speed is just a bit oo high you end up flying high.... Ouch.