Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Faith, Hope & Charity

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by THX-1138, Jun 8, 2007.

1. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

Salute! To all fellow virtual pilots and WW2 aviation enthusiasts! I want to provide you with great news. It has been almost two years since we have started working with the movie "Faith, Hope & Charity". Created by the best IL2 movie makers of all time! Much sweat and hard work was poured into this movie and we are getting close to release it for all of you to enjoy! We will be posting new movie posters each day/week until the movie is officially released soon throughout the web so enjoy the poster art, get your pop corn ready, you favorite seat\chair, sound system, LCD/Plasma, friends, family, significant other, pets ready to enjoy this gem!!!

[​IMG]

2. Otto

Otto No More Half Measures Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Sounds very interesting, I remember seeing an IL2 film a couple years back that was really quite good. Might there be a relevant link to accompany this information?

3. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

Hello Otto! Definitely there is more information. Here is the official post with more information:

FAITH HOPE AND CHARITY

Two years ago some of the best flight-sim machinima filmmakers out there got together and decided to produce a machinima film together. As we consolidated our talents and began working our project grew bigger and bigger. We believe this movie will be of one of the highest quality, if not most ambitious, machinima works done to date. The movie tops 1 hour in length!

Months of post-production, custom CGI additions, original score, etc etc.

Well, we're nearly there. The blood, sweat, and tears of the last two years are coming to an end. The work is coming to fruition. It's been a long road. Lots of challenges both, technically and personally, and we're still going through them, we're not quite done yet [​IMG] . For those that will be interested we will also be making a full production DVD available as well with commentary tracks, subtitles, special features, etc. We are going to be releasing a movie poster per day until release (you know it must be close then don't you [​IMG] ). The final poster released will also most likely be the DVD cover as well.

We will be announcing the premiere of the actual film within weeks to days.

So without further adieux, here is the first poster in the series (the next ones will be posted here as well)....

[​IMG]

You can view the website for the movie at www.wingmenproductions.com . We also have some message boards, and while not all areas are open to the public at this time, we will be opening those 'workplace' forums to the general public once the film is released so everyone can see and experience the process we went through to produce the movie, warts and all [​IMG] . We hope that people will read through them and be able to appreciate the work involved and then as well be able to glean information for themselves on how to create a machinima film of their own.

Thanks for your interest and hope to hear/see from you on release day [​IMG] .

On behalf of Wingmen Productions,

THX-1138

Blazkowicz and Peppy like this.
  4. Otto

That's what I was looking for! Thanks for the info and the quick response THX. I'm a huge fan of machinima, I'm truly looking forward to this.

5. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

Hello to all! Thank you for the warm welcome and enthusiasm for this movie and as promised here is day #2 movie poster:

[​IMG]

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Wow. I love this second poste reven more! The purple and sepia tones really fit with the sky !

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yeah! Sounds and looks good to me so far!!

8. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

As promised here is day #3 movie poster:

[​IMG]

9. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Pardon my ignorance, but machinima means...?

10. chocapic

chocapic Member

Haven't heard of a long movie based on IL2FB before ! I very much look forward this movie, I know for one that some movie makers are able to amazing work based on the IL2FB simulator (can provide youtube links for some of them BTW), but this one looks even above the rest !

11. von Poop

von Poop Waspish WW2|ORG Editor

Looks good.
    I presume you're sticking to the 'Faith, Hope & Charity' legend for filmic/entertainment purposes?

As I've no doubt you're aware it seems likely there were at least 7 Gladiators on Malta with 8 in reserve, & the popular 'only three' tale may well come from them being observed by locals taking off early on in sections of three.

Rather good site on 'em:
    http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/malta.htm

Cheers,
    Adam.

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thank you for these precisions, I always thought there were three.
    The second day poster is also a beauty!

13. Otto

It's a combination of two words machine and cinema. It's basically using a computer game or graphics engine or some sort and creating a film with the scenes. They are typically short films of only a few minutes long, with added sound effects and voices.

Here is an example of a toungue-in-cheeck machinima called "Weenie" made using the Battlefirned 1942 game. It's not very good, but you get the idea.

14. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor Patron  

That was interesting and creative

15. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

Day #4 Poster!!!

[​IMG]

Hello Za Rodinu,

Thank you for asking but Otto explained it very well. It's a movie created with Computer game graphics and/or Computer 3D animation. There are many user created movies by using many types of computer games but we and a small group have made movies by using different WW2 Flight simulations. In the case of the movie "Faith, Hope & Charity" we used the IL2:Sturmovik/Pacific Fighters PC simulation game engine.

Hello Adam (Von Poop),

You are right, in real life, there were more than three Gladiators involved. However, the movie focuses on the legend surround three: FH&C.

Hello PzJgr!

There are more posters to come out until the main opening day that is not too far away! So enjoy and get ready!

On behalf of Wingmen Productions,

THX-1138

P.S. : While working on "Faith, Hope & Charity" I had to pause my own film that was in the works. My upcoming movie is called "The Few" and should come out some time after "Faith, Hope & Charity" has enjoyed it's lime light. Here is the trailer for my movie (RIGHT CLICK AND CHOOSE SAVE AS):

http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/videos/thx1138BOB.wmv

Also here is a promo that I had created for the WW2 Flight simulator: Pacific Fighters:

http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/videos/Pacific%20Fighters%2011.wmv

Za Rodinu likes this.
  16. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Thanks for the explanation, guys. And please stop posting those images, my keyboard is already drooled up enough ;)

17. Otto

Well done THX-1138! Your trailers are quite good. Please keep us informed of your progress, on FH&C and any other WWII machinima in the works.

18. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

Hello Otto,

Thank you for the compliments. Will definitely provide with updates on all WW2 related Machinima movies!

To continue with tradition, here is Day #5 poster:

[​IMG]

19. THX-1138

THX-1138 Member

Day #6 Poster of the day:

[​IMG]

20. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Lovely posters THX, keep them coming!

Looking forward to the actual film release!