Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Falschirmjäger chute with bag & container

Discussion in 'Battlefield Relics' started by Skipper, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Congrats Skipper! Great find!!!!! :)

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

interesting Skip trying to figure out your cloth storage bag is the the top flap split in two for the "escape" of the pristine white support chords and the chute itself ? due to your pics showing dimensions was thinking the chute itself belonged to a Waffenbehälter container.

hopefully you are done treating the chute as the modern day washing metehods and chemicals will destroy that silk in no time

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Don't worry Erich I used organic laundry liquid only and washed it in its own container by hand and used some lemon juice for the stains instead of chemicals. I dried it in the sun. It came out nice and almost clean. I will save it as such with some of the grease smell and original rust stains.

It the chute was for a waffenbehâlter it would be nice too. But I think it's a personnal one, possibly a pilot model, rahther than an Jäger one. This needs confirmation though

for details: The cords are split in 4 and each of the four section has more cords that suround the round chute (I will need to check , but I think it's 4 x 6. )

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skip this may not matter but was looking at over a dozen different LW para jumpers with their white chutes and have to say the personal Fallshirm chute is not very big at all, will have to try and find a decent Flieger chute to compare with but were they also white, was thinking they were a dirty light yellow.

you've done exceedingly well in cleaning your chute without causing any more probs of deterioration ~ congratulations on that.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

size and color would confirm the personal SR1 version Erich. I can't imagine anything too heavy to hang fro ma chute like this. Even a man with gear would go down fast and I'm not surprised the SR16 and 20 replaced this model because Ican imagine broken legs due to fast landing.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skipper likes this.
  7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

This is the confirmation I needed Erich. At around 1.30 , the colour pictures of the unfolded parachute shows exactly the model I have. Same cords, same way they are tied to the silk, same size and same dirty white yellowish silk. The Fallshirmjäger lied on top of it is an extra!

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

super Skip glad it helped plus a side benefit of seeing some nice footage of W-SS unit G.v.B and the Fallshirms in Normandie against US forces; now you need to make a copy of th4e copy of the video for your collection files as backup ~ thanks for the Salute'

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

You're welcome. I wonder if any museum has that strecher sheet (at 0.40) used to catch men. I doubt any of those things actually survived the war.

10. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Don't know if you have come across this website before, Skip, but it has a fair amount of info and photos of chutes and containers.
    FallSchirmJäger Regiment 2-German parachutes.htm

I saw one of the rectangular boxes for sale on UK eBay tonight. The auction ended with zero bids!

Skipper likes this.
  11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

damn o bids for a box I'm looking for... Thanks for the nice link John . I will explore it today , have to go to work first.

12. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Your welcome, Skipper.

Forgot to mention that the box had a starting price of £100 and a 'Buy It Now' price of £250.

13. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

oops that's a bit expensive, the one that I took the picture from sold for 56 euros. I suppose it's worth it, but then paying 115 euros + shipping for just an empty box is a fortune. I paid 350 for the box + the bag and the parachute included.

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

First hand arrival aus Deutschland! I had to find the rectangular container you guys showed me in this thread to go with my square one, so now I got it. It's a wonderful Sand cammo model made for the Südfront in 1944 by EBR. Condition is great and I was the only bidder , so I am a happy person, especially as the postman brought me another great parcel today (surprise for next time)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gebirgsjaeger and Erich like this.
  15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

more details, note the place for a label

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

that is one gorgeous piece Skip, markings intact too without mutch scratching........ wonderful

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Cheers Erich, and first hand too