Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Final resting place

Discussion in 'Those Who Served' started by Carl davila, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Carl davila

Carl davila New Member

I was wondering if anyone could help me, my grandfather Lee Davila was killed in France in 1944 and returned stateside in 1949 coming through Houston, I researched through the army and got all his information but I was wondering if anyone knew how to find out where his final resting place would be.
    I know it is in texas but would like to find out where, my dad passed away in March and I would like to bury his ashes with his dad as my dad was born in 1943 and his dad was KIA in 1944 and he never had a chance to meet him, any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Patron  

upload_2017-6-21_20-30-42.png

Did your grandfather have another name with Lee as a nickname? I can't find any grave records, even though he clearly was KIA in 1944.

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow Patron  

If you request his IDPF, it should have his burial info. Read more about IDPFs here: Individual Deceased Personnel File.

There are two ways to go about requesting an IDPF. If you go through the NARA, they usually don't charge for it. However, it can take up to a year to get the IDPF. If you hire a researcher, you will probably get it within a few weeks, but they will charge you for it.

4. Carl davila

Carl davila New Member

5. Carl davila

Carl davila New Member

Dad's death certificate states his dads name as Librado Davila but all the paperwork I got from Ft. Knox states Lee.

6. Carl davila

Carl davila New Member

Thank you LRusso and Tommy776

7. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Patron  

Do you have paperwork you can post? It might help us search more efficiently. Not finding much in the way of results.