Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

First and Favorite Cars

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Otto

Otto Gearing up. Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

2. Biak

Biak Adjutant

You tell us the 'other story' and I'll tell ya' what happened after topping out the speedometer and doing a "Dukes of Hazard" with the Camaro.

3. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

And I won't tell about having sex on top of the Rambler on the appropriately name I-69 interstate highway.

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

My first was a 1978 Ford Mustang Hatchback POS. It looked much like this one, except it had a red interior.

[​IMG]

The T-tops leaked like a sieve. It handled like a tractor and had about as much pickup. It drank gasoline like a sailor on liberty.

I hated it. With a passion, mind you.

I ran it indelicately under an empty log truck the day before I graduated from high school and traded a few months later for a Grand Prix, that I drove through college.

My favorite is my current beast, a Nissan Armada. Large, roomy with a 6.5L engine. It runs like a scalded dog and will pass everything but a gas station. It has been a great beach vehicle, in that we can load that thing down with everything we will need for a week to 10 day excursion to the coast, with room to spare.

[​IMG]

OpanaPointer likes this.
  5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

You could be a Territory boy with that rig...

OpanaPointer likes this.
  6. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

All I'll say is my first vehicle was a '92 American truck. So yes, that means unreliable, uncomfortable (noisy, bumpy, crappy air conditioning in the summer and even worse heating in the summer), thirsty for diesel, yet with absolutely ZERO power. The power to weight ratio is something like 40HP/ton. A drag race with a bicycle would be a toss up, with the slight edge to the bicycle because the truck may run out of fuel before the race ends.

Is it sad that I've kept it all these years, is still in good, running condition and I still drive it regularly (at least in the summer)? Sometimes I add up the expenditures, think about the current resale value, and cry a little.

Slipdigit and OpanaPointer like this.
  7. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Did this story involve a theft and subsequent appearance on the native reserve along the Grand River in Caledonia?

PS: for those who don't know what I'm talking about, Otto's hometown is 15 minutes from my hometown (and I still live in my hometown). It's an "inside joke" among the locals. Caledonia is home to a Canadian Indian reserve which is often where stolen cars eventually turn up.

Slipdigit and OpanaPointer like this.
  8. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

My First: 1976 Toyota Celica GT

[​IMG]

My Favorite: 2005 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. I would have listed my 1995 Range Rover LWB as my fav except I pretty much put my mechanic's kids through college with that one.

[​IMG]

Slipdigit, Biak and CAC like this.
  9. harolds

harolds Member

My firstie (car-wise) was a 1959 Ford two-tone sedan, 2 door. A nice sensible vehicle but it came to a sad end. I went fishing way out on a dirt road south of town to a small lake. I was having a good time for the first couple of hours, then a rain storm came in. I realized this was no place for a two wheel drive car and I hurried to get back to pavement. By this time the road had turned to a horrible bentonite goo and I was slipping and sliding all over the place and just barely making it up the hills. Then, about half way back to the highway I topped a hill and ran into a bunch of sheep-literally! With my car, and a couple of sheep, out of commission, I started walking out. It was 20 miles back to town but I was rescued by a bunch of drunk poachers in a Toyota Land Cruiser. (I kid you not!) Later, when I had graduated from college and was getting a regular pay check I was able to buy my first 4WD-a Toyota Land Cruiser of course.

OpanaPointer, George Patton and Biak like this.