Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

First attempt at posting a photo from one of my CDs.

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by Erich, May 6, 2008.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

several pics C sent my way for copying off and placing here for comment

hopeful this does not loose pixelation

[​IMG]

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

number 2

Bf 109E being re-armed

[​IMG]

3. bigfun

bigfun Ace

nice photos! any more???

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

another Bf 109 this time a G variant

[​IMG]

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sorry about all the white space had to have a friend do the scanning and send to me, another one - Prosit all, nothing like a good Schnapps after a mission

[​IMG]

got another one to place on another thread soon .......... have to find it

6. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Nice!
    Do you know where these were taken? I'm just curious.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Scott make sure you direct your questions to Carl as I am just the sender of said fotos .......... :cool: cool

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Guys, thanks for the nice interest. Erich, thanks for posting thiose that I sent you. Sorry the copy quality of those I sent to Erich are not near as good as the quality of those I sent to OTTO ;-)) so long ago. The place I went to no longer has the better copier machines at their store here in town.

I do have the info on these where they were taken and such but, I don't have it with me today to post it. If Erich has the time, I wrote some info on the backs of the copies I sent to him. If not, i'll post hopefully tomorrow. All of these photo's that are shown, are all Eastern Front and all are original Heinrich Hoffmann Propaganda Kompanie press fotos and all with original news tickers attached on the backsides.

Hi Scott, I have I think about 35 or so WWII German HH PK press fotos as well as several American press pics. Also, I have about 200++ other originals, then about 30 or so taken w/ the Uboat vets, about the same taken with Remy Schrijnen, and lots of copies of pics sent to me from the U 181 vets/friends of mine.

If we can somehow pressure OTTO, into posting those that I sent to him many moons ago, that will save me an awful lot of trouble, money etc, into finally showing off some of what I have.

PS, if this deal goes through, I also might be adding a very nice Luftwaffe Officers Vehicle Pennant to the collection. ;-))

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

C ~ nothing on the back of the 4 fotos posted, just 3 dates on the KM pic I am trying to locate, it's just buried that's all .......no worries

guess you will have to make the information known Carl for the above as we are all interested. I like the top one especially having the rudder tallied up by one of the ground crew.

E ♫

10. krieg

krieg Ace

nice photos there carl thanks for leting us see them .. well done
    best krieg:D

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, sorry about that, I thought I had written down the info on yours? I did on Brians sets. Also, when Brian gets his posted-whenever he will have time, please "bring" those here as well and I can give descriptions for all of them.

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank you Krieg, glad you enjoyed these first few pics, and this is only the tip of the iceberg. ;-)) I'll try to get more up sometime-just don't know when exactly ;-))

Now it's time for all of uis to pester Otto on getting the ones I sent to him scanned-so we can start seeing them here.

Take care and best regards--Carl.

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

July 28/1943. On an Airfield somewhere on the Eastern Front. (The name of this man is not given-which I find strange) The Staffelkapitan, paints on the insignia of a fresh victory of another fallen American Bomber. (This man is already a Knights Cross Recipient who has also already been awarded his Oak Leaves.)

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Not much info given about this photo-no date given.

Luftwaffe Mechanics rearm an awaiting aircraft, with hundreds of rounds of machinegun ammunition. Also is on an airfield located somewhere on the Eastern Front.

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

April 7/1943, somewhere on the Eastern Front. Airfield under water caused by Spring thaw. This Fighter sits silent, waiting to be used against the Bolsheviks!!

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

No date given.

Bomber crew celebrates their completion of 1,000 successful missions, with a toast in Schnapps.

17. Owen

Owen O

I like the "kill" marks photo.
    Rather sad really though.
    One of them could be a relative.

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Wessex, thanks and, that could be the case. I have more photo's like these with most of them taken somewhere on the Eastern Front. If I had the time and money-i'd make copies of those and send them to someone who is willing to post them OR, if Otto could start posting those copies of photos I setn to him long ago, i'd know what I need to make copies of; and get them posted here.

Sorry for the run-on sentence.

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dunno what will be posted IF anything but here goes it.

Attached Files:

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ill be damned, it worked even though some things were different here than on the other site I posted on. However, I cant do more than one picture in a thread. I tried everything and looked and looked but couldnt figure how to post anymore in a thread. Sorry all, someone here is going to HAVE to hold my hand through this thing.