Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Flexible Gunnery School

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Buckingham, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Buckingham

Buckingham Member

Hi all,

Just joined the WWII Forums out of general interest and also looking for stories from the Buckingham Army Air Field, near Fort Myers, Fla. It was home to a Flexible Gunnery School where some 50,000 men trained as aerial gunners.

I just completed a pictorial history book about BAAF that will be published in December 2010 by Arcadia Publishing. While the book is finished, I am still interested in stories, anecdotes, photos or mementos from soldiers who served at the base.

I have created a Facebook page for the book, where I will share photos and info from the book as well as share some images that didn't make it in the final version. For those of you on Facebook, please check it out and "like" it while you are at it. It was a labor of love and I appreciate the support.

Here's a link. Feel free to share it with others: World War II — Buckingham Army Air Field | Facebook

Looking forward to any information or stories that you all might have to share.

Thanks, Chris (aka Buckingham)

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hi Chris. We're always pleased to have another interested member, especially a soon to be published author. Keep us apprised of the publication. Those Arcadia books are always good.

Enjoy the forum and feel free to share what you can.

3. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Hello Crish, nice to meet you! You have a great project going there. Welcome here and see you in the forums.

4. Buckingham

Buckingham Member

Thank you to everyone supporting our book. For the past 16 days, it's been in the Top 10% of all Amazon.com books. It's been in the Top 2% for the past seven days. We cannot thank you all enough!

World War II

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

10% wow that's a great percentage. Congrats I hope you'll keep on being popular among the WWII buffs