Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

football !!

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Platton, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The next round :

Kalou completes Chelsea switch
    Chelsea have completed the signing of Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Crespo keen on Milan return
    Chelsea striker Hernan Crespo admits he would welcome a move back to AC Milan from Stamford Bridge. (??!)

Who gets Joaquin?

Joaquin's heart set on Prem switch
    Real Betis star Joaquin, who is being tracked by Chelsea, Newcastle and Manchester United, has not ruled out a move to the Premiership.

"One of the possibilities that is being evaluated is my departure and we will see what happens," he said. "What I want is for everything to be sorted before the World Cup.

"We will have to go for the strongest offer because Betis will not transfer me just like that, but I also want to go where I can win and be happy from a professional and personal level.

"I would also like to continue to play in the Champions League because I think I can play among the best."

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

I think Kalou wanted to get out of Holland after his failed bid for naturalisation....Feyenoord will have to start looking hard for a new striker or two; Kalou gone, Kuyt going to Liverpool or New Castle (I'd think he'd be more in his element at a club like New Castle, I think that club fits him better than Liverpool).

Ailton from HSV is also up for grabs....HSV is looking for a new striker. Think they are looking for a big name as well.

Ajax is eyeing Gabri (Barcelona) now that Ten Cate is taking over as Ajax coach.

Van the Man to AC would be a nice continuation of the Dutch involvement with the club. Have to say that AC has had a lot of succes with their Dutch players.

3. No.9

No.9 Ace

I always thought Crespo wouldn’t be happy outside Italy where his real development took place. He was so good at Parma but circumstances at the time made moves to other clubs quite difficult for all sorts of reasons. He doesn’t exactly ‘shine’ with Chelsea, when given the opportunity, and I suspect the crowd doesn’t get behind him much.
    [​IMG]
    I’ve seen him at San Siro and he is liked there. Again he’s a 30+ player, but another good short term investment for AC. Of course, this will further offset the money Chelsea are being asked to pay for Shev. ;)

Some pundits claim Joaquin is poised to sign for Liverpool :confused:

And, Patrick Vieira keeps everyone guessing. I think whether or not Juventus get demoted if the match fixing investigation goes badly against them, Viera will move. Probably he’s just waiting to see if he can use a get-out clause in his contract to reduce money that would have to go to Juve?

No.9

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Seems like Chelsea is buying all the "new names" in the market as well?

Blues edging closer to Mikel capture
    Chelsea should complete the signing of Nigeria star John Obi Mikel in the next 24 hours after talks over his transfer continued on Friday.

More deals?:

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to sign Ashley Cole as well as Galactico Roberto Carlos, but the Arsenal star will set him back £20million.

It is also understood that the Blues will attempt to finance the transfer for Cole by offering Shaun Wright-Phillips in a swap arrangement but Wenger is expected to prefer straight cash.

5. No.9

No.9 Ace

Agreed Kai, the current buying round of Chelsea does seem like a new record in itself? :confused: Perhaps clubs think certain prices might go up if they leave it till after the Cup - assuming their intended would still be available?

Arsenal may be getting the same demotion treatment as Juventus if FIFA decide to get nasty about their £1 million eventual African 'loan'. ;)

Maybe Man U are keeping their heads low for the moment?

No.9

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Today´s news....

Chelsea have agreed to pay £12million to Manchester United and £4million to Lyn Oslo to secure the services of John Obi Mikel.

United thought they had secured the talented 19-year-old from Oslo after he signed a pre-contract agreement with them in April 2005.

But Mikel subsequently claimed he had been pressured into signing the contract and wanted to join Chelsea instead.

7. No.9

No.9 Ace

Chelsea are reputed to have spent around £42 million so far in their current spend :eek: .

Meanwhile, Italian press can’t agree whether AC are chasing Cagliari superstar David Suazo or Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a replacement for Shev?? But, AC midfield golden boy Kaka is being poached by Real Madrid??? :eek: IMHO however, Kaka plays well for Brazil, but not that great for AC - so ;)

No.9

8. No.9

No.9 Ace

Now the press say AC has bagged 22 year old Spaniard, Fernando Torres, for £20 mil, but no official announcement till after the World Cup :confused:
    [​IMG]

Still hope they get Crespo as well. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No.9

9. No.9

No.9 Ace

Now Man U are claiming to be signing Torres for £23M, and, Gattuso :confused: . And, Ruud 'may' go to AC, or 'may' go to Bayer :confused: . The World Cup always brings a silly season of signings and this year appears no exception. :mad:

No.9

10. No.9

No.9 Ace

Hmm......AC now deny offering £20M for Torres, but, deep joy, are trying to get Buffon in as their keeper in place of Brazilian nunce Dida. Now, does this prove there is a God, or AC read my posts? :D

A lot hangs on the outcome of the match fixing investigation currently levied at Juve though - Lilian Thuram could also switch :eek:

Tip for AC (as you read my posts), spend a few bob and bring in keeper João Ricardo from Angola as well ;)
    [​IMG]

No.9

11. Stevin

Stevin Ace

You show deep insights again, No.9!! I am sure AC's scouts are monitoring these forums here.... :D I thought Torres was very good in the Tunesia game. Buffon is always an asset to have on your team.

Is Juve going to see a walk out of all leading players???

12. No.9

No.9 Ace

Absolutely Stev, it’s all a bad time for this to come about when the Cup is on. It seems impossible for Juve to deny all guilt as they are now saying they were not the only ones? In a way it stands to reason but equally you could say ‘They would say that wouldn’t they’?

One problem now is that every club that got a hammering over the past few years is starting to claim they were the victims of match fixing. If Juve do get demoted a division, for sure a good number of ‘names’ will move. I would guess they all have a clause in their contract that says ‘XYZ’ is conditional on the club being first division?

Anyway, if Juve goes to the second division their money will drop dramatically and it would really hurt them to maintain wages – which would be part of their punishment of course.

I can imagine no demotions but very heavy fines being dished out, and, some prison sentences for the Referees organisation. After all, it can be argued that a club might be expected to take advantage of any avenue they find open to them to benefit their team? Not right of course, but one view. On the other hand, the refs are supposed to be, and must be, untouchable. Is it not like a judge who agrees to fix a verdict. Everyone is in the wrong but who is the greater offender? :confused:

No.9

13. No.9

No.9 Ace

Well, top clubs and officials open their umbrellas as the sh*t gets closer to the fan! :eek:

Three Serie A clubs, Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio, have been formally indicted in the current match fixing investigation for breach of Articles 1 and/or 6 of the Sports Justice Code. Article 1 is not that serious, something akin to generally bringing the game into disrepute and may incur a fine and some loss of points, while Article 6 is heavy duty and can mean demotion by one or TWO divisions! Also indicted is AC Milan but only under Article 1 – i.e. if found guilty they won’t get sent down.

Also, so far 30 individuals (mostly referees) have been personally indicted with another 15 individuals and three clubs still under investigation. Among those indicted is President of the Italian Football League, Adriano Galliani, who has resigned. :eek:

The trial starts next week and is scheduled to end on 9th July – same day as the World Cup final. The mind boggles as to the perverse logic of this timing?????

Meanwhile, a transfer rumbling from AC who claim they are 99% along the way to signing 19 year old French midfielder Yohann Gourcuff from Stade Rennes for around £2.5M on a five year contract.
    [​IMG]

No.9

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Would that mean that AC gets the 2005-2006 Italian Championship as well??

I read that Deschamps is willing to coach Juve in case they are sent down...That could save the team from all the big names going out and they probably have a clause in case the team falls out of the top level that they can go without any fees being paid to the club.

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1302940,00.html

Pessotto in possible suicide bid

Gianluca Pessotto, the new general manager of Juventus, has been rushed to hospital after falling from a window at the club's headquarters.

The 35-year-old former Juventus player fell from the top floor of the building and landed between two parked cars.

He has sustained multiple fractures, but is still conscious and not believed to be in a life-threatening condition.

Reports say Pessotto threw himself off the balcony on the second floor while holding a rosary in his hands. Police are investigating it as a possible suicide attempt.

Pessotto fell 10 metres into an internal courtyard, hitting two parked cars before landing on the ground.

Fabio Cannavaro, a former team-mate of Pessotto's at Juventus, left an Italy press conference in Germany after being told of the incident.

Juventus chief press officer Marco Girotto said to www.gazzetta.it: "We don't know how this has happened. We'll see.

"Gianluca reportedly has multiple fractures but they are not life threatening.''

:confused:

16. No.9

No.9 Ace

Not sure Kai :confused: . While Juve are the most likely to be demoted if found guilty, the others may have points deducted – but from last season or the next season :confused: .

Demotions must be instant, but it makes more sense to me to have teams start next season with a minus number of points? However, the Italian press have said ; ”Juve may be stripped of their last two Serie A titles and could even be sent into Serie C. Individuals found guilty of any wrong doing may be penalised with fines or lengthy suspensions from the game.” So, if it will all relate to last season and AC have points docked, Inter may emerge last seasons’ champions :eek:

Even after the findings of the first enquiry come out by 9th July, there will be appeals if they’re negative.

Very sad news about Gianluca Pessotto.
    [​IMG]

The Juve and Italy player only shortly retired from playing and was given the managers’ job. Speculation is rife as to the reasons but NOTHING positive has emerged. Del Piero, Zambrotta and assistant manager Ciro Ferrara have flown to see him in hospital where doctors say he’s off the danger list [​IMG].

On another positive note, following Ghanas’ performance in the World Cup, Saudi prince Al-Abdul Aziz Al-Saud has donated US$100,000 to them to help develop their game.

No.9

[ 28. June 2006, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: No.9 ]

17. No.9

No.9 Ace

35 Year old Pessotto underwent a ‘threat to life’ operation last night, described as being ; ”on the limit”, which fortunately went well. His wife Reana advised his decision to retire from football and take the managers’ job at Juventus in May has led to greatly increased stress and depression. She denied any marital split but said they had rowed recently when he suddenly cancelled a planned three day holiday with the children as ”he had to work”.

In Germany, Alessandro Nesta said; “We have all been affected as a lot of us have played alongside him for club and country. It’s sad. Let’s hope that he can resolve the problems he has had.”

Meanwhile, Real Madrid Presidential candidates Lorenzo Sanz and Ramon Calderon, continue to talk bollocks and claim immanent or actual signings of half the top talent in Europe, and Arsenals’ manger :confused: . These include players who have 4 or 5 years left to run on their contracts, players who have recently renewed or extended their contracts, and players or clubs who have told them to f*** off, get a life or see a doctor [​IMG].
    [​IMG]
    "I'm gonna sign some chicks with big boots...yeah...yeah...cool."

No.9

[ 29. June 2006, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: No.9 ]

18. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The 35-year-old is in intensive care at Le Molinette hospital after falling from a window at the club's headquarters in Turin on Tuesday.

Pessotto sustained multiple fractures in the fall and has already undergone two operations in a bid to stop internal bleeding.

And medics have now expressed concern over the state of Pessotto's health.

"We cannot say if he will survive," said doctor Pierpaolo Donadio, head of the intensive care unit at Le Molinette Hospital.

"We will not reveal the prognosis for recovery and we really cannot say when we will be able to do so."

From www.teamtalk.com

19. No.9

No.9 Ace

Pessotto continues on the danger list. At least he’s not ‘critical’ but not ‘safe’ either. A doctor described his ‘game’ as 1-0 to him, but added; ”It’s only half time and we don’t know how long the game will go on? We cannot perform the operation to stabilise his vertebrae now, because the patient has to be in excellent overall condition, especially with regards to his internal organs. The blood remains between his kidneys and back, which cannot be simply sucked out, as it’s more of a sponge than a puddle.”

He is being maintained in a pharmacological coma to help him through the series of operations and allow his body to recover from the trauma of the 15 metre fall with a terminal impact of around 60kph.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Madonna Ta' Pinu _____ (click pics) __________ part of the Miracles Hall of Testimony

No.9

[ 30. June 2006, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: No.9 ]

20. No.9

No.9 Ace

Pessotto – Molinette Hospital - 01 July

Doctors confirmed that Gianluca Pessotto opened his eyes today and recognised his family and friends, as fans marched through Turin in a show of support.

He has been kept under an induced coma to help him through this difficult time, but was awakened by doctors this afternoon to check on his condition.

“During a window in the sedation period, Pessotto was conscious and interacted with his environment, He opened his eyes and recognised the people around him, but we need at least another week before declaring him out of danger,” - Doctor Rapellino.

No.9