Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

? for Current and Ex-Servicemen

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Doc Raider, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

Hey all -

I have a buddy that just got sent over to play in the sand on Monday, and I was planning on sending a few care packages - got any ideas on what I should put in them? My pop suggested playboys, kool-aid, and cookies.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

When I was in the desert, the most valuable items were reading material (books, magazines, etc), recordings of the local favorite station and batteries for my boom box. You could add these as well.

3. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

I give the cookies a miss Doc. rememer he is in the desert. I don't know wha the US army postal system is like, but if it's anything like ours, it could be weeks before he gets it.

Adult mags are a must. :D

Whats cool aid

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Bish--you KNOW ill be sending over a mag or two--and hopefully the Hooters Girls will be safe in your vehicle :D

Also--Cool Aid is a sweet drink made from flavored powder and water and suger. Tastes really great--especially ice cold. :D It comes in many varieties of FLAVOURS like: Grape, Strawberry, Cherry, Lime, Lemon Aid, Raspberry, etc etc etc.

If your guys go--ill send some over to you--and some MOON PIES--in case a few of you make some Hootch whilst there and git a bit nippy :D

5. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

According to my friend it also makes a good hair and skin dye. Try unscrewing a shower head and putting some in it, when someone turns the shower on it will spray coloured water at them and they will end up with dyed hair and skin. Nice little trick.

I have a couple of mates who are going too by the sounds of it but unfortunatly all I can send them is news. I dont support the war but best of British luck to all men who have to fight it.

6. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

O, don't worry, they will be well taken care of.

Though from the looks of it, i ain't going, not initially anyway. my guess is that we will go in afterwards as peacekeepers.

O ye, any suggestions on keeping drinks cold inthe desert. Could be useful

[ 21. January 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Bish OBE ]

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Bish--Heh heh heh--ill make sure the girls know about that :D :D :D

I read that if you set drinks under the sand--that it stays cooler and or if you wait til nightfall--usually from what I have heard--usually it gets quite cold out there. So ma nature will act like an Ice Chest. :D

8. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

Good ideas all! Thanks! And yes, koolaid does make a good hairdye - we used to do that in highschool. I seem to remember it wearing out pretty quick, though.

9. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Hey Doc!And tell your buddy to bring you home some souvenirs/memorabilia! Gods knows what a Iraqi Republican Guard badge/baret will go for in a few years time...Or a few few spent 155 Howitzer cartridges... ;)

[ 23. January 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Stevin Oudshoorn ]

10. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

For some reason, this reminds me of an incident that happened last year in Canada. It was rather serious,but we thought it was funny whe we heard about it.

I don't know if you have it in he states, but in Canada they have Power Aid, which from the description, is similar to your koolaid.

Anyway, one of the Power Aids is green.One hot day while on excersises, some guys are doing section attacks. After one attack, the guys come in sweeting and breathing out of their arses. One of them pics up a bottle of this gree power aid, and takes a big gulp.

Problem is, it ain't power aid. Its engine coolant, which happens to be the same colour as the green power aid.

Well, one good thing i guess. He didn't have to worry about over heating for a while.

And, in case you are woundering, he was sent to hospital, and recovered.

11. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

Oh, he'll definetly bring stuff back - he was in my WWII living history group and is a fellow collector! He said he'd send me an iraqi helmet if he "came accross" one.

And I've always though engine coolant looked a little bit too refreshing. They should try to make it so it doesn't look so good. A buddy of mine used to de-ice planes at the Indianapolis Airport and would come home covered in the stuff. Funny thing is, he actually said it had a sweet taste, too!

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hopefully their leader will choose the "Retirement Plan" that was offered, but--I doubt he will.

His "Retirement Plan" includes:
    1) Access to all of his BILLIONS of Dollars.
    2) All the Women he could ever want.
    3) Living the life of luxury most likely somewhere in France.
    4) A chance to grow stronger together with his sons.
    5) To continue on living as a free man--and no prosecutions of anykind for hie war crimes.