Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For German kisten lovers

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Skipper, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks Martin. After rincing it, I have noticed a beautiful ink stamped WA number as well ( large eagle with WA 101 ). It coincided exactly with the WA 101 number in the metal. This must be a true rarity. Nothing on the internet and when I mention the plural (Hauber) most people believe I made a typo. I have managed to delete the varnish circle on the lid without damaging the paint.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Today's find. This Sonderkart.6 l.F.H.18 - 7,6 kg Kist meant for three shells in cardboard cylinders . My crate is a bit used, but it still has great markings and is dated 1942. I paid 2 € for it.
    http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/sonderlfh18_2.htm

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Martin Bull likes this.
  3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

2 Euros ! Unbelievable !

That's what happens when you're buying 'at source', rather than after the item has been through the hands of 12 different dealers.

These LeFh18 boxes are not rare but are nice items - all you need now are the cardboard cylindrical boxes for the charges ( doubtless, 1 Euro each at a Vide Grenier... )

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

actually I had one and I traded it . Damn.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

A quite unexpected find today: while driving through the city of Chartres Icame across an antique dealer shop. There wasn't much to see and Iwas about to leave when Mrs Skipper saw this case: I immediately recogized the German WW2 design and bought it without knowing what it was. It appears to be a Funker Kasten for a Luftwaffe FUG type radio. The radio was removed but the case survived. It has quite unique specificities, such as the ability to be opened entirely for removal or through two small panes for daily use of the FUG The handlebar has ventilation holes and the whole thing could be carried as a suitcase. The opeing screws are also shock absorbers. No apparent markings but I'm happy with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Martin Bull likes this.
  8. Martin Bull

Beautiful condition !

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Yes, much nicer than the one I showed you earlier. On the other hand I'm not ready to invest 60 euros + shipping for a box I already have. After all I paid 20 for the Funker box and 2 for the fuze one.

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

My latest find today. A Czech Beute Kist used by the Germans as early as 1938 and taken to France where it was left until Ifound it this morning. It's smaller than the regular Patronen kist, and much harder to find.
    It has double markings from both the W.A ( eagle + 38 date on the side ) and the Czechs (inside , on the lid with 38 and maker markings) . It was initially meant for 1200 Czech 7.92 caliber rounds , but the what's left of the German labels suggests it was used for a 2,5 cm caliber. It seems to be a quite rare crate and even on our favourite Kisten site they have one with 7.92 label, not a 2.5cm, so I'm quite happy about my find.

The one on the kisten site is here : http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/cart_792t.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

12. Martin Bull

Nice item - I can't recall ever having seen one.

( As an aside - whoever runs that Kisten website is a true Militaria Hero ! )

13. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks Martin. It's the first time I saw one too. Obviously they were not made after the invasions of 1938 and March 1939. The edge's, the hinges etc.. made me think of a German Kist. When I saw the Patronen label, I knew my guess was right (especially after Ifound one on the Kisten site) One mystery remains: whereas the German label is supposed to be the exact translation of the Czech 7.92 label, my Label is different and so are the Czech markings who finish with AZKA (possible an adjective or a declinaison for a name, but my Czech is too poor to understand). As usually I need to take care of the woodworms and one plank is rotten, but it's well worht the 5 euros I paid for it.

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Not one, not two ,but three more Kisten today I could have taken more, but Iwas with my son and we could only carry three boxes at the time.

1) This one is I beleive another Czech masz Kist for 7.92 rounds. No markings though and the mention "nicht wefen" (do not throw) could mena it was used for fuse heads. The double rim show there was a metal inside too. It is in good condition with original ropes and leather. [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Kist 2 is for 200 2cm Sprengranaten rounds. It still has the original label , ropes and is 1936 dated on the side and marked with a WA birdie. + 2 cm marking [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Martin Bull likes this.
  16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The third Kist is also dated and marked on the side I still have to identify the use. Not much is left of theinside label ,but there are printed numbers ont he wood lid too. It is dated 1938 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Martin Bull

Superb ! Especially the 2cm box - not rare as such, but quite hard to find now in such good condition......

18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Yes,I'm still amazed by those "finds". From what Iknow, the seller comes from Flanders, but some SPD stickers from the 70s in one of the boxes makes me think he got them from a German attic after the war . There were three more, including two complete ones with screwed lids and dated 1942 . They were about 80cm by 80cm kisten, with a painted WA numberr (in white ) on them and on the sticker for fuzes it said Ungûltig 1943 (declassified/ spoiled) . They were too big and too heavy for us and I'm starting to lack space too. I could have bought them for 20 euros a piece I think. He also had a Mantel, probably a pow used one , a Canadian 1945 made Greatcoat, a U.S 1943 Rucksack and a bunch of German bottles, a milk can etc....