Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For Skipper

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by RRA227, Aug 25, 2011.

1. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Skipper,Some Italian headgear. I presume that you can identify them. Let me know what else you want to see. Rich A. in Pa.

Kai-Petri and Skipper like this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Wow, that is a quite original collection . Actually I don't have that much Italian stuff, hence my interest. I have a libreto di Laboro from the city of Pola (Now Pula in Croatia) , which I found at the Pula flea Market. I have a M-33 Infantry helmet which comes from Sicily, two bottles (the regular and the collcetive model) , a Carcano cartridge belt (artillery version) , A party pin and a Carcano Bayonet. I have a correspondent in Menton (Mentone in italian) that still finds some Italian mess tins from time to time,

Your caps are in top condition . is the one in the back a mountain troop one? Cool Royal flag too in the back ground.

3. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Thanks! Post your stuff. I'd like to see it. The hats in the back are a M-42 enlisted tropical bustina,blue Air Force M-42 bustina,N.C.O 509th. Inf. gr/gn wool bustina,N.C.O. Engnr. gr/gn wool bustina. The flag is neat. It is the biggest one I have.
    My 7.35mm. M-38 Short Rifles and folding bayonets. Rich A. in Pa.

Skipper likes this.
  4. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Carbine and mounted troop bandoleers. Rich A. in Pa.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I actually posted my items some time ago in the "newest militaria thread" . I like the airforce Burstina cap a lot, these were used in Lybia right?

Great carabine and bandoleers that go with it! Thanks for sharing, it's a real pleasure. If you ever have Italian duplicates to trade I'd be interested , I have a lot of French WWII stuff if you are interested of course.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

As a matter of coincidence I picked up this Italian mess tin at a garage sale yesterday . It was recently used by a just wedded couple who tied it behind thier car to make noise (hence the bump....) :eek:

. When I saw it I recognized it and asked them wher ethey got it in the first place and their answer was that they had been having it in their cellar for years and that it was brought home by their granddad....:)

[​IMG]

7. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Nice find on the tin. Shame it was abused.I'd like to find another. I got the bottom part of one few weeks ago. It was painted tan.The kahki bustina is tropical. The blue wool Air force bustina is regular issue.
    A 1934 M-1891 rifle,backpack,bayonets(I have 4 more),camo shelter quarter(w/hole for head when used as a rain cape) ,pole and peg. Rich A. in Pa.

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks Rich, I can fix the bump do'nt worry, it's just a matter of time. Great new items you posted, the Carcano bayos with leather sheaths are in great condition.

9. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Thanks! I'll do more then. Good luck with the mess tin. If you do a good enough job you can go work in a autobody shop. If you were nearby I'd loan you my dolly blocks and body hammers for doing body work. Rich A. in Pa.

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

11. RRA227

RRA227 Member

That is a good find. Is it a small prong back? Medium screw back or large screw back? Pic of my Arditi knives (from cut down Vetterli bayonets) and cut down Vetterli bayonets with a Arditi knife scabbard and 1891 bayonets for size.. Rich A. in Pa.

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Great Arditi knives as well, I didn't know they recycled the old Vetterli ones. I think the star has a small screw back but I 'm not sure since it's my firt one , so it's difficult to compare otherwise than from a picture .

13. RRA227

RRA227 Member

That looks like a medium size one for collar insignia. The Arditi knives are made from the ends of Vetterli bayonets when they were cut down. Centauro Division tanker helmet. Named. Rich A. in Pa.

Skipper likes this.
  14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

15. RRA227

RRA227 Member

That is a great labor book. I'd like to find that kind of stuff all the time. Thanks on the helmet. It is neat. I had to buy it. Here is a pic of my Italian Youth stuff. Rich A. in Pa.

16. RRA227

RRA227 Member

2 CA marked foot Caribinieri swords. Rich A. in Pa.

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

How on earth did all those treasures get to the other side of the ocean. Did Musso make it secretly to Pa or what?

Those Carabinieri swords are beauties.

18. RRA227

RRA227 Member

I have been collecting it for a bit. The swords came from the flea market a few months ago. $40 each. I thought they were French untill I saw the marks. Rich A. in Pa.

19. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

Just have to say, great collection Rich and thanks for showing, its very interesting to see as i don't collect Italian militaria - keep it up!

20. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Ok. Here is my M-42 tropical bustina and my E.M. sun helmet w/brass badges. Rich A. in Pa.