Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Forum Rules

Discussion in 'The Tanks of World War 2' started by Roel, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Please take a moment to read our Forum Rules and consider them as you post in this section.

The Admin will assume that all members are aware of the content of our Forum Rules, and will act accordingly.

Thanks in advance,
    The Forum Admin

2. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Ok thank u Rule

3. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yes, I am sure we will all be law-bidding citizens of this forum. I can't imagine anyone with a rebel disposition in here. :bang: :smok: By the way, who made the rules, is there a committee which oversees the rules? I must have forgotten to cast my vote. :kill:

4. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I made these rules, based on foundations laid by Skua and myself in an earlier stage. They are dicated by common sense and administrative necessity in judging members. I have asked the other Admins for their approval before I posted the new rules; Ricky reacted positively and Skua was not around at the time.

If you have any corrections to make, please send any of the Admins a PM.

5. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    When was this forum originally formed?

6. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hm, strange, no one answered this question in three weeks...

The forum was originally part of the website http://www.military.cz/panzer. On August 30th, 2003, it went off-site and was expanded into a PhPBB format with several sections, all led by the site owner crazypit and first-day member Skua. Originally there were only four sections (Tanks, World War II, Games, and Other). I joined the fun on October 30th 2003 at a time when the forum as a whole had about 2,500 posts. As you can see, we've come pretty far from such humble beginnings.

On February 12th 2004 the forum switched to the current look and format. At this time I was made Supermoderator for all sections, and soon afterwards Skua promoted me to Administrator. This was also when the forum really took off, exploding in size and at times growing by a thousand posts a week. The forum as it is today is still an expanded version of that - with more sections, created by splitting and merging others, and with more active members than ever before.

Earlier this year, Christian Ankerstjerne bought the forum from crazypit, whose site ownership had become less and less reliable. At the moment we are independent from his website and run ourselves.