Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

France and Germany

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by SOAR21, Jan 26, 2009.

1. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

Who has tried it? I have an urge to try it. As France in 1936, leave the Allies, suck-up to Germany and join the Axis! Wonder how that might turn out...

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I tried to play as France and from 1936 prepared for war with Germany, focusing on armour and infantry divisions as well as there brigades. I even built up the maginot line with extensions all the way round to cover the low countries, but the Germans doctrine and number of Divisions were too many even then, even with the British helping.

I don't know how you would go ally with Germany, I tried it in my Soviet game, I had relations all the way up to +190 and then they declared war.

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Certain events trigger on certain dates unless you mod them out of the game. So I think Germany will always go to war vs. France and also always go to war vs. Russia.

4. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I know some you can avoid by doing certain things, for example if there is no Poland to declare war on then Germany will never declare war so that event will never happen, which means probably all the others following due to that event will never happen.

5. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

True, I believe if you don't declare war on Poland a lot of things won't fire.

You can really change things then. I should try it

6. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

lol, well, i played as UK in 1936 campaign, i aggressively sought alliances with European countries. the alliance got so big that Poland got confident, and declared war on Germany, 6 months earlier than Germany DOW'd Poland in real history.

For the last 3 grand campaigns i played, Soviets declared war on Germany, not the other way around.

Regarding France, i believe, in 1936, if u leave Allies early, you can slowly influence Germany until you are allied, and then you should be able to avoid war...seeing as you are on the same team. i wonder if Germany will declare war on UK then.

7. Rommel2009

Rommel2009 Member

Interesting idea, might be worth looking into =D

8. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

If you leave the Allies, Im prety sure that Danzig will fire as it is a German event. That way france to go facist or communist and do a WC or something.

9. moutan1

moutan1 Member

I did the same thing many times but the Germans always win I think u cannot change the WW2 facts

I'm a big fan of the Hearts of Iron
    I think it was fantasy and became true

10. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

Oh I've done the extended Maginot Line with great success. Won the war, actually.