Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Game 13

Discussion in 'Forum Gaming' started by Ricky, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Tudyeran High Command invite the competing design companies to submit their designs here. Judgement shall follow.

2. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I'll have my entry in later on this evening, if no one minds.

3. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Fine by me.
    Do the other delegates have their designs ready?

4. Christian Ankerstjerne

Christian Ankerstjerne Member

via TanksinWW2
    Lacking proper naval experience, teh German design team was unable to come up with a proper design. The designers given the past have been send on an extended leave to one of the Third Reich's resorts near the city of Oswiecim.

5. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That's a real pity, I was hoping to see some sort of Germanist's-wet-dream Sturmpanzer. :(

At least the designers got what they deserved... Poland can be cold this time of the year, but I'm told they have excellent sanitary facilities there.

I really can't allow this. :D

6. Christian Ankerstjerne

Christian Ankerstjerne Member

via TanksinWW2
    The German designers had actually thought out a concept similar to the Landwasserschlepper. The main problem was that the thing kept sinking because of the 200 mm. armour plate in the front.

7. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    T-34PMSV

[​IMG]

The vehicle is a stretched T-34 with an extra roadwheel. It has a slightly enlarged turret to fit the M38 122 mm gun, and carries 75 rounds. The front MG has been removed, and the front compartment enlarged to fit hydraulic equipment. Shovels, bridging equipment, etc. can be mounted on the device and be operated from within the vehicle. Frontal MG has been removed, since the vehicle will be operating with close infantry support. The front is uparmored to 100 mm, rear armor is downgraded to 40 mm. It's gun fires a good HE shell and can also be used against armor. Quad external fuel tanks give it a range of 400 kilometers +.

Statistics:

Length: 7,30 meters

Height: 2,8 meters

Width: 3 meters

Armament: 122 mm M38 howitzer, 60 rounds + turret MG, 1200 rounds.

Armor: 100 mm front, 70 mm sides, 40 mm rear

Weight: 40 tons

Roadwheels: 14

Crew: 5 Commander, loader, gunner, driver, radio/hydraulics operator.

Engine: 600 hp V-12 Diesel

Speed onroad: 45 km/h

8. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Zhukorp Inc. Matilda Mk.V Combat Engineering Vehicle

We at Zhukorp Incorporated believe that the Tudyerian military will find our latest development to their liking. After a late start, and some difficulty acquiring the proper equipment, the Zhukorp team have designed a Combat Engineering Vehicle that they believe meets all the Tudyerian requirements: the Matilda Mk.V Combat CEV.

The Mk.V utilizes the chassis of the Matilda Mk.II. This hull was choosen for its light weight, compact size, and relatively heavy armour. The chassis has been widened, however, to accomodate the larger ammo required by the gun and to increase the armour by almost 25%.

The main armament of the Mk.V is the 25pr (3.45in, 88mm) field gun/howitzer. The gun itself weighs a mere 1.5 tonnes, and adds very little to the over all weight of the AFV itself. The 25pr has an impressive range of 12,000 meters, and should prove adequate for the upcoming Tudyerian conflict. The Mk.V is also armed with a 20mm automatic cannon, as well as a coaxial .303 machine gun.

The Mk.V comes standard with several additional features: a retractable bulldozer blade is mounted in the front to clear minefields and/or obstacles in the path of advancing units. A winch/pully system is mounted on the rear of the vehicle, and can be used to pull a number engineering tools, including trench fillers (I have no idea what they're called, but it's on the rear of the tank in the picture :D ).

All in all, we feel that the Matilda Mk.V Combat Engineering Vehicle is suited perfectly for the Tudyerian needs. The vehicle is powerful, well-armoured, versatile, and it looks good, too. In case the situation calls for it, a bridge laying version has been designed as well.

Mk. V
    Chassis: Matilda Mk.II
    Crew: 4, gunner, loader, driver, commander/HMG gunner
    Weight: 37 tons
    Length: 5.6 meters
    Width: 3.0 meters
    Armour, max.: 100mm
    Armour, min.: 25mm
    Fuel: Diesel
    Range: 250km
    Fuel Capacity: 211L
    Trench Crossing: 2.2m

QF 25pr
    Caliber: 3.45in, 88mm
    Weight: 1.5 tons
    Ammunition: High-Explosive, AP, Smoke
    Shell weight: 25 pounds (really? :p )
    Muzzle velocity: 518m/s
    Range: 12,000m
    Rate of fire: 5 rounds/minute
    Ammunition Carried: 55rds

Other Armaments:
    -Hispano 20mm Automatic Cannon
    Ammunition Carried: 300rds
    -Coaxial .303 Bren Machine Gun
    Ammunition Carried: 1,000rds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm sorry the picture is so small, but Paint only allows so much room. Is there any way I can resize it?

9. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Like so?

[​IMG]

I believe they call the trench-filling material a bobbin, but I could be wrong (it's not my native tongue and all that). :D

10. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Thanks Roel, that will do, but she doesn't look so pretty anymore! :D

11. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    A bobbin is the drum used to carry canvas mats which are laid over soft sand. The trench-filler is a fascine - basically a bundle of sticks.

12. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Judgment

The Tudyeran Army Planning Staff was most impressed with the diversity of the entries and faced a very difficult choice. This was mostly because the two designs presented both had very different strengths and weaknesses, forcing the TAPS to set very clear priorities.

The British design was favoured because of its thick armour and obvious versatility; it was also equipped with very suitable secondary armament as required. However the vehicle's gun was deemed rather light for the task of destroying heavy fortifications; also the TAPS was disappointed to find that the trench crossing requirement of 2.5 meters had not been met. Finally, the Matilda tank is known for its lack of speed.

The Russian design had the heavier gun, but lost out on armour against its British opponent. It also quite unfortunately lacked any particularly mentionable secondary armament. However, its potential to serve as a platform was considered greater than that of the Mk.V because of its greater size; the vehicle's speed was an obvious advantage over the British design. These features coupled with the heavy 122mm gun made the TAPS finally choose in favour of the T-34 PMSV.

Thanks everyone for participating, this one really did give some nice results and a tough choice for the judges. :D

13. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Woot! Beautiful design Zhukov, and a great MSPaint drawing as well... mine are just OnWar cut and pastes. Game 14 will be up in a tad!

14. Zhukov_2005

Zhukov_2005 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Congrats Panzerman, she looks like a fine piece of machinery, especially when compared to other Soviet designs. :D

Thanks for the compliments sir, but this win is yours.