Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Gaming Channel

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Mussolini, May 3, 2017.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

While I have neglected my youtube channel for the last few months, I am starting to come up with a schedule of games to play and videos to make.

I need to update my mod on Tabletop, but are you guys interested in seeing videos of various games?
    Hearts of Iron 4, Steel Divsion, Battlefield 1, etc?

2. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Go classic, lol. Call of Duty Classic, Medal of Honor: Midway, Close Combat ABTF. :cool:

3. Mussolini

I don't think I have access to any of those! I do have Panzer Corps, which is sorta like Close Combat, for all intents and purposes, modern games are preferred!

I am also willing to do some more of those Total War AAR's I used to do (even though they are on WW2).

I am thinking about doing a Kaiserreich Mod of HOI IV - basically, a very well developed scenario where the Germans won WWI, so now its 1936 and things are quite different - can go into more detail on that if people are interested.

4. Takao

Takao Ace

Panzer Corps? That was the Slitherine/Matrix major reboot of the famed SSI Panzer General series(not the Microsoft/Atomic Games Close Combat series). They have taken Panzer Corps a step further with their newer "Order of Battle" series.

Slitherine/Matrix did a major reboot of the Close Combat series, but kept the Close Combat title.
    Current Matrix/Slitherine catalog can be found at their respective sites - The catalog is the same for both sites, so it does not matter which one you choose.
    Matrix Games - What's Your Strategy?
    Slitherine - What's Your Strategy?

5. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Matt do you play War Thunder? They just opened the Italian aviation tree.

6. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Every time I visit the Matrix site I feel like a kid in a candy store :D

7. Mussolini

I do play War Thunder but haven't progressed my trees very far, since I've split my playing between all the factions, even Japanese.

Sadly, Musso and Aircraft do not mix well together so I haven't done any of the aircraft. I do like rolling around in my StuG though!

I did pick up Gary Grisbys War in the East....and have been too scared to try to play it yet.

So - thoughts on videos you'd like to see? Anyone care to join me playing such games, lol?

I've progressed from Axis and Allies on the Tabletop Simulator but need to redo my Global War 1936 - 1945 mod I have there due to all the models having been moved to a different place. It will take several hours to complete and not a task I am looking forward too!

8. Mussolini

My channel if you have not seen it yet: Panzer Penguin

Not very good, still new to youtube content, but do have 40 subscribers and 1360 views on my most popular video!

9. Takao

Takao Ace

Panzer Corps 2...Unreal Engine 4...3D...In development.

10. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I've been eyeing PanzerKorps for years, but never pulled the trigger because I know how much of a time sink it would be. I can see the conversation with my wife now..."yes dear, I know we need milk, but there is a Soviet tank corps trying to escape the encirclement of Karkhov."

As for War Thunder I was given an account by a WW2F member a while back. The German tank and aviation trees are 99% complete, with the Russians close on both. Most other nations are serviceable. If you ever want to borrow the account for a video I'd be happy to oblige.

11. Mussolini

Nice. May have to take you up on it. I don't play nearly as much as I could....I really want to unlock that new(ish) 88-gun tractor. Its a pain in the ass (1-shots most things) but is a soft target (love it when I kill them). Even seen people driving around with the Nerbelwerfer Premium Vehicle...pretty useless against tanks and I always laugh when I see it!

Not so much into the modern tanks though, so will probably only unlock as far as WW2 era-tanks before not really caring.

Played some World of Warships, but its too basic. Yes, the models are cool etc, but you don't bob around on the water so it really comes down to who can get the range and bearing first. Its fun being a Destoyer and torpedoing a Carrier or BB, but otherwise its too arcade for me.

In other news, I see they are making Sudden Strike 3 - I used to love Sudden Strike/Sudden Strike 2 back in the day when the Gamespy Arcade was how you played online (long before Steam).