Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Johannes Eugen OTTO TORRERIO Rommel

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by C.Evans, Dec 14, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

When Herr Feldmarschall gets the ranks and awards icons back online, I figure I should have around 10 "awards"

Herr E.J.E.O>T>Rommel, should have about 6, Erich B. should have 4-5, and anyone over 10 postings will have at least 1-4 "awards".

Gee, I guess with these amounts of awards, I should have at the very least, the rank of Oberstleutnant or Oberst. I will have fought in both WW1 and WW2.

EJEOTRommel, will also have been both a ww1 and ww2 vet. Rommel could be at the rank of Major with these awards.

Erich--so far I think you were too young to fight in ww1, but COULD have been in the Reichssheer, and have made it to the rank of Hauptmann so far and with plenty of time left to step up in "rank" because the war has just began.

Ron, PzGdr, Andreas, could already be Leutnants and or Oberleutnants with nice service records starting in the upper half of the 1930's. Everyone else would run the gamut of ranks from Enlistee to Hauptfeldwebel and even Leutnant--based on number of postings and "awards" earned by your number of postings. Also based on my poor memory, as I do not know everyones number of postings.

This wierdness I have put here is based on the amount of postings made by us--and definately not as any special favored status or anything like that. This is also based on the awards a combat or staff officer should have achieved by this point in time (real life only--not forum life)

By all means, im not putting anyone down either--im just trying to get whomever reads this posting--ready for what Otto-er-I mean Rommel, has in store for us here.

Personally, I love the idea of these earned "awards" based on your participation in these forums. It also makes me feel younger and I like the status of having so many "awards".

I look forward to everyone else having more than one "award" and having fun at "earning" them.

There is something there for everyone: If I remember correctly, I had already earned the Purple Heart, some japanese award, the German Gold Wound Badge, (dont remember what it was, dont remember what it was)and the Medal of Honor.

If anyone reads this--please give your inputs on the "awards" system. :cool:

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'm glad that you guys get some use out of my work.

Carl, whatever awards might be available, you have certainly earned them all Carl. 2200+ posts is almost four times as many as me, and I run this place. :p

And I second Carl's suggestion for input about the "awards" system.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Many thanks and I do hope that the pics of the Imperial awards, can be used as some future "award" icons. Also, I am getting into Imperial German Loyalty To The Regiment Crosses and Regimental Badges--will make for some cool additions to the badges icons.

I DO get alot of use out of your hard work Herr Feldmarschall. [​IMG] And for your hard work, I created a new rank only which you will have. The new rank is Generalleutnantfeldmarschall. (Typical of long German words eh?) :D

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I was beginning to think that there might NOT be enough room to display all my "awards" especially when I get to posting number 10,000 :D