Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German Afrika Korps Uniform Color!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Engberg, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Engberg

Engberg Member

[​IMG]

All fellow model makers out there!
    Im putting together a german north african squad, I need to know what to paint my german afrika korps squad's uniform since their desert infantry, if you know any proper kinds of tamiya paint and their codes for them let me know, I've mixed a Humbrol type of green with a Humbrol white, and that gave me a nice light green color, im not sure if i should have painted their uniforms the light green, maybe i should have used a khaki or dark yellow, im very confused because ive seen pictures of them in green and or yellow colors, i just got done watching indiana jones and the german afrika units on their had a green tunic and yellowish trousers i also need to know what to paint thier boots and socks, ill keep surfing the internet for color pictures,
    thank you

2. Engberg

Engberg Member

Im going to the hobby shop tonight, lets hope i find some nice paints, and maybe a new model [​IMG]

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Indiana Jones? Well, since when Hollywood is a source for anything, especially on a chronologically distopical phantasy film? :D

Anyway, here is a good site with plenty of pics, notice the wide variations in uniforms. It's all BW, there is stuff in colour, as soon as I find some I'll post them for you.

http://homepages.maxnet.co.nz/bphprint/frames13.html

Meanwhile, Google is your friend ;)

4. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

For a starting point Afrika Korps uniforms could be close in color to FSC 33578, 33564, 33481, or 34259 (per Fed Std 595B). This is alot of variation going from a khaki brown to a light olive green. You should be able to find paints that match or come close to the above FSC numbers.
    Sorry, don't have a Munsell Book of Color available to offer suggestions from the yellow red to yellow blue section.

5. Engberg

Engberg Member

thank you for the help, im slowly coming up with what im going to paint them, im also considering doing variets of uniform color on them, like a pair of white sand shorts, a khaki tunic, and on the officer his pants are dark yellow and tunic are olive drab ( it would be heaven to find a light olive color), i think ill paint the socks Buff