Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German Aircraft Colours ?

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by Skua, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Skua

Skua New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I've just finished a 1/72 scale Spitfire Mk.IX and begun work on a Bf 109G. It has been a long time since I last built a German aircraft, however, and I can't remember which colours I used last time, other than being slightly unhappy with them.

The Bf 109G is going to be a tropical version in dark yellow topside and light blue ( hellblau ) under.

I'm also thinking about finishing a Do 24 and building a Stuka after this one. They will be in early war style two-tone green splinter camouflage topside.

I'm not looking for accurate matches, just closest Humbrol match.

Thanks. :)

2. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I have a conversion chart for most brands makes to their Humbrol equivalents. If you have a Tamiya or Revell paint number I can see if the chart shows a match. (If it's any use to you, or anyone else I can scan it and email it).

It's just a leaflet I picked up but it's been fairly useful to me so far.

3. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
  4. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Skua, i don't know about the yellow colours, but I used a Humbrol 127 (sort of blue-grey) for my ME210 belly and that looks pretty nice. You might want to try that one...

5. Skua

Skua New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Blimey, I forgot all about that thread.

63 looks right for the Bf 109G. 30 and 91 for the splinter camo looks pretty right as well. 65 looks right for the underside on both schemes.

Simon, I have conversion charts myself, but they wont help if the colour isn't right in the first place. Some of the paint instructions you get with the kits are pretty far off the mark.

PP, 127 would look right on a late war aircraft like the Me 210, but I think 65 would be the right colour for my early war Do 24 and Ju 87.

Thanks to all three for your replies. :)