Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German and Allied Order of battle for May 10th 1940...

Discussion in 'Western Europe 1939 - 1942' started by Friedrich, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Could you guys help me with web sites where I can find them? I am sick of searching the web! I just cannot find it.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Are you talking about the start of the Western Campaigns?

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Yes, I am, Carl.

I am doing a project about the German order of battle, with all the senior units and commanders and all the Panzer units involved, but I have very hard problems in finding a place for the Panzer divisions 3rd, 4th and 9th and the motorised SS regiments. They must fit into Panzer or Motorised Corps XVI or XXXIX, I think.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That will be easy to find--I think even this library might have a good book with the OrBat in it--i'll have to check tomorrow though--as they are about to close--ooops, I think they are closed tomorrow too--Vets Day.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Good work Kai, now all I have to do is consult one book in mind that had a good OrBat for the Western Campaign--i'll try doing that tonight if I can make it to the bookstore.

7. ChristophA

ChristophA recruit

Hello!

Thanks for linking to my site. Please refer to the pages from the main site: http://www.wwiidaybyday.com as some links have been updated.
    I had no time to put the 10.Mai 1940 german OoB online yet but I have a map of the dislocation on 10.Mai 1940 in my maps-section.

For a detailed OoB using the same documents I have available visit Dr.Leo Niehorsters excellent site: http://www.freeport-tech.com/WWII/011_germany/__ge_index.htm

There you will find all your answers. Regarding the 4.Pz.Div. you will have problems to determine under what command it was as it changed two times during 10. and 11.Mai. See the daily reports on my site for that.

hope this helps,
    Christoph

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hey Chris--glad to see you here! and looking forward to visiting your excellent site.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Friedrich--I forgot to mention--the book I was going to copy the OrBar from is a new edition which is unlike the older version put out. The book I am talking about is: The American Heritage book of ww2. I used to have an original edition to it but it got lost years ago, anyway that edition had OrBats to all the campaign in it--this one however--has next to none listed. :(