Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German army uniform help

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Ranger mosby, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Ranger mosby

Ranger mosby New Member

Hello..i.am new to the forum. I work at a local VFW and had a customer bring in a German uniform for me to find out information for him because he wants to sell it. It was his father in laws..his father in law found it in Germany during the war in a suitcase left at a train depot! The cool thing is...the train tickets the soldier had were actually in one of the pockets..he has these with the uniform as well! They are dated and stamped for February of 1944. The condition of the uniform is excellent with little to no soiling...dress jacket and pants are both there..pants have some slight soiling. I wanted to know what the insignia on the shoulder straps mean and is the rank lieutenant of infantry? I believe the style to be 1940 based on what I myself found researching. Any help would be appreciated ...also a ballpark value would be great. Thanks in advance guys! I'm trying add photos but it keeps saying error too large! It is just a regular photo from my phone.

2. Ranger mosby

Ranger mosby New Member

Here is the uniform

Attached Files:

3. Ranger mosby

Ranger mosby New Member

Train tickets

Attached Files: